jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you listen to music while writing your hub?

1. bockshiner profile image82
    bockshinerposted 5 years ago

Do you listen to music while writing your hub?

What kind of music do you listen to while writing?

2. sandonia profile image83
    sandoniaposted 5 years ago

This varies quite a bit with my mood and subject. If I am writing more about a serious subject while in a mellow mood, I like to listen to classical -- anything by Chopin please. If I'm writing a loose, free, and fun article, then I'll usually learn more towards rock music or something more upbeat.

3. TheHeavyReview profile image71
    TheHeavyReviewposted 5 years ago

All of my writing on Hubpages is music related, so yes I definitely listen to music while I'm writing.  Usually, I listen to the album that I'm reviewing while I'm writing it, while I'm editing it, and when I post it here.  I find this helpful, as it sometimes reminds me of things I've left out of the review.

When I don't write music related things, I still listen to music.  A lot of times when I'm writing something I enjoy more atmospheric music, as it can really get me into a certain mood when I write.  I often like folk, black or power metal when I'm writing more of a fantasy/unrealistic story.  Death, doom or thrash metal fits better if I'm writing something more realistic or something that's not fictional.

4. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I seem to do better if I am listening to music, preferably something fast so I can type to the beat. Lately, I'm on a metal kick... so Pantera and Five Finger Death Punch. smile

5. Prankita profile image73
    Prankitaposted 5 years ago

I love listening to music. I do all my writing with music in background, it boosts my creativity.

6. AM Hanson profile image77
    AM Hansonposted 5 years ago

I do, especially when I write musical hubs.  I've written a couple musical hubs, and I always listen to the kind of music that I'm writing about.  For other hubs, I usually have something going on in the background (if not music, then tv or a movie) becuase I need white noise to function properly haha

7. Steven Gray profile image84
    Steven Grayposted 5 years ago

YES.  I get lost in everything from Bob Dylan to Gregorian chants while writing.  I love to get totally lost in a musical environment while writing.  It makes everything so much more pleasant.