jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Do you listen to music while writing? What kind?

1. milleramanda53 profile image81
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

Do you listen to music while writing? What kind?

2. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

I personally can't. I'd get way too distracted if I did. Even when I have the TV on just for background noise it's still really distracting for some reason but I do it anyway and I'll finish what should have only taken about 30 minutes to an hour in about 3 hours instead lol.

3. Brinafr3sh profile image78
    Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago

Hi, this is a good question. I listen to Pandora online; Kenny G (instrumental), and John Tesh (instrumental). This way I can proof read and edit my article without words of songs interrupting me. Although sometimes I listen to other music while writing hubs but I make sure the volume is really low.

4. lezsaysit profile image60
    lezsaysitposted 5 years ago

Hello milleramanda53,

I've found that contemporary jazz works best for me. If the songs gets too distracting, I turn the volume down a little. When I feel like I really need to reset, I sit in a quiet room without any music and write.

1. Akash Aluni profile image60
      Akash Aluniposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Hi, could you suggest me a few?

5. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I don't because my husband always has the food network on. but if I did I would listen to instrumental music...it soothes me.

6. Matthew Weese profile image72
    Matthew Weeseposted 5 years ago

No...never.....noise is an interruption in my creative thinker.

7. hi friend profile image60
    hi friendposted 5 years ago

Sometimes I listen to music but not on writing so as to get full concentration on the work.

working