Which "I Love Lucy" episode is your all-time favorite?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Alastar Packer profile image70
    Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

Which "I Love Lucy" episode is your all-time favorite?

2. rebeccamealey profile image90
    rebeccamealeyposted 11 years ago

The one where Lucy and Ethel get a job in a candy factory!

3. sadie423 profile image86
    sadie423posted 11 years ago

I agree the that the candy shop is a pretty good one. Either that one or the Vitametavegamin one are my faves. Both very memorable. I showed them to my kids and they loved them!

Alastar Packerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Vitametavegamin episode is in the top 5 here for sure sadie423. Same with the little niece and nephews loving them!

4. Alastar Packer profile image70
    Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

That sure was one of the funniest rebeccamealey! Believe it was one of Lucy's faves too!

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

I love them all.  My favorite season is the season when they move to the country. I love the episode where she gets stuck on a lawn tractor running amok.

Great fave episode duffsmom, it was also one of the last half-hour shows.

6. ThelmaC profile image93
    ThelmaCposted 11 years ago

rebeccamealey is absolutely right...the candy factory is my favorite too!  I still watch the shows all the time on TV Land and laugh just as much now as I did the other 100 times I watched!!

The candy factory is a true classic Lucy and your right Thelma, I Love Lucy is one show that never grows old!

7. joanwz profile image80
    joanwzposted 11 years ago

my favorite was the one where they were driving across country to california, and they stopped to spend the night in a cabin by the railroad track, Every time a train went by, the beds moved. One time Ethel came out of the bathroom with toothpaste all over her face, The double bed had springs that sank in the middle. It was a hoot.

Haha that was maybe best trip the Ricardo's and Mertz's took joanwz! Funny show your fave and do you remember the great one they had on the way with Tenn. Ernie Ford and the jail!

2. profile image0
      Lady_Tenazposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This was my favorite episode too!

3. joanwz profile image80
      joanwzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, Alastar, I remember that one too. Also a hoot.

8. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

This is really difficult to answer, but I'll go with the first one I thought of.....that was the episode when Ricky and Fred taught Lucy and Ethel the ways and rules of Golf.......and of course, the girls discovered the scam and turned the tables on the guys........They were all very funny episodes.....good memories.

Hi fpher! You got one there i don't recall but your so right about nearly all the I Love Lucy's being funny and memorable. Some more than others but all winners!

9. pstraubie48 profile image81
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

It has to be when she and Ethel are working in the candy factory. The conveyor belt comes by and they start stuffing candies e v e r y w h e r e...I laugh just thinking about it!!

That one seems to be a favorite fave here- haha maybe 'cause many of us have been around automation in the workplace before; or perhaps its just because the episode is so awesome hilarious!

10. Maria-Arg profile image74
    Maria-Argposted 11 years ago

All the episodes mentioned here are great! One of my favorite episodes is "The Audition". It showcased Desi as a fantastic musician, and showed off Lucy's physical comedy skills. They were a great team together, and they always complemented each other in scenes.

They sure are Maria-Arg. That episode seems familiar, was it the one where she acts like a trained seal? Its also something to imagine that Desi and Lucy had to take the show on the road first to convince the network people would accept Desi!

2. Maria-Arg profile image74
      Maria-Argposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it's the one where she acts as a trained seal. I laugh out loud every time I see that routine. I too read something about Desi and Lucy going on tour to prove that people would be okay with Desi. They def proved the execs wrong!

11. donna2theg profile image60
    donna2thegposted 11 years ago

When Lucy got drunk on Veta-Vita-Vegimine while making a TV commercial.

Veta-vita and the candy factory seem to be the winners so far Donna, a bit surprised no one mentioned the grape stomping episode as a fave- Lucy and the other grape lady got into a REAL tussle on that one! And oh, and it was Lucy's all-time fave!

12. Teylina profile image60
    Teylinaposted 11 years ago

The candy mfg jobs- don't think I've laughed that hard at anything else!

That one seems to be the all-time winner so far Tey, as it well should be!

13. Terri Meredith profile image69
    Terri Meredithposted 11 years ago

I gotta say, I too love them all.  But my very favoritest, the very bestest, in my opinion is the Vetavitavegimen one.  I laugh the more intoxicated she becomes.  She was such a comedic artist.  Slapstick at it's finest.  I like some of the comediennes of today, but so many resort to vulgarity rather than focusing on the humorous side of everyday life.

After carefully weighing all the awesome episode contenders the vetavitavegimen I Love Lucy classic is hereby declared the winner-- for now! Thanks Terri- so right about then and now with the vulgarity factor. Wonder what that says?

14. hbentleymom profile image60
    hbentleymomposted 11 years ago

The Vitametavegamin has to be my all time favorite followed by when Lucy goes to the hospital to have the baby. Really there are so many more!

They are at that hbentlymom. One more vote for the present winner--vitametavegamin! President Eisenhower actually called Lucy and Desi to congratulate them on having more viewers for their babies birth than his first TV speech on another channel!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)