Am I ready to become a singer?

1. profile image46
    yeabuddyposted 5 years ago

Am I ready to become a singer?

My goal is that by the end of the summer I would become this awesome powerhouse and if I can't I can at least belt the high notes a little louder. I've been trying to sing a cover of my own and have been unsuccessful and accidentally singing other people's covers. Then I came to the conclusion I can't come up with my own cover for the song and my voice has changed lately and it won't do what I want it to do. These things have me thinking: am I even ready yet? Because as lame as it sounds I think I want to become a recording artist but I want to work on some things first but I question myself

2. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

I'm not a singer and never have been, but I know a lot of people who do sing, and sing well. It's not something you figure out over a summer, it's something that takes years of practice and most often years of schooling to figure out.

If you want to become a recording artist keep working at it. As far as I am aware anyone is capable of singing well with practice and instruction. I recommend learning the song first, in the original version, then modifying it from there. Listen to lots of music and think about how it could be changed and altered. Listen to lots of covers and see how they changed the original song. And practice a lot, as often as possible.

You have given no indication of age so I have no way to tell how long you've possibly been doing this. Research other singers your age and see how long it took them to get where they are and what obstacles they had to overcome. It can be inspiring.

working