jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think Hollywood stars are paid too much?

1. nmdonders profile image85
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Do you think Hollywood stars are paid too much?

2. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

I think they are paid too much for simply doing their jobs, which sound like an absolute blast. You'll never hear an actor or singer complaining about how much they hate acting or singing. However, they DO get paid enough for everything else they have to deal with- Hollywood creeps, total lack of privacy, paparazzi taking unflattering pics of them, rumors, etc.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Definately. I have no idea how the movie world has survived this long. Where does all of this money come from?

1. Mitch Alan profile image81
      Mitch Alanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Box office sales, DVD sales and merchandising...

4. John Sarkis profile image84
    John Sarkisposted 5 years ago

We live in a capitalist economy.  Stars are paid whatever they can monetarily demand - supply and demand theory.  ...sad that they make more than people who are much more useful than they are e.g. school teachers, firemen/women, etc

5. Mitch Alan profile image81
    Mitch Alanposted 5 years ago

Simple supply and demand free market economics.  You can get paid that much too if you can find find someone willing to pay you for your services.  We have gotten ourselves to a strange place in our society where we make villians out of successful people, regardless of the industry they are in. 
    That being said, I do think it is incredible that they get that much, but more power to them.  I'm not a fan of the Hollywood elite's politics, but I do support them in their ability to make as much as someone is willing to pay them.

6. profile image0
    cynamansposted 5 years ago

yes but they worked hard for their money and deserve it. If only the rest of us could find away to duplicate such success, how cool would that be? Money sure does make the world go round!