jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Pretty in Pink or 16 Candles?

1. CrazedNovelist profile image83
    CrazedNovelistposted 5 years ago

Pretty in Pink or 16 Candles?

Which of the two do you like most? Pretty in Pink or 16 Candles?

2. CrazedNovelist profile image83
    CrazedNovelistposted 5 years ago

So I've seen both of these movies and I must say. I REALLY REALLY liked Pretty in Pink a great deal more than 16 Candles. I just felt like PiP was the better movie with more relatable characters.  I mean Duckie kinda made it awesome. He just followed her around and she liked him, but not the way he wanted her too. I totally like that about the movie. Also I think her crush is much more defined than in 16 Candles. It just came out of the blue. What do you guys think?

3. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

I only saw 16 candles..............................

CrazedNovelistposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Pretty in Pink is better!! IMO... Take a look at it one day.

4. Mitch Alan profile image81
    Mitch Alanposted 5 years ago

Sorry to go outside the choices, but the Breakfast Club beats them both.  If restricted to the original choices I'd have to Pretty in Pink. If you haven't seen Breakfast Club, watch it...

I've seen all of them. However, PiP and Sixteen Candles get compared a lot. Most people like one or the other, not both. Absolutely Breakfast Club beats those two, but they're not focused on Molly Ringwald's character...so the comparison isn't same.

5. opiningminion profile image61
    opiningminionposted 5 years ago

I have to give it to Sixteen Candles. It just embodies the eighties for me--nostalgically absurd and melodramatic.

Lol... nice description.

6. milleramanda53 profile image80
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

Pretty in Pink was better than 16 Candles

7. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 5 years ago

This is one tough question. Wow. I'm going to say 16 Candles. Molly Ringwald was superb in that film. Of course the Breakfast Club is the best of all three.

working