jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What are the best movies from the 1980's?

1. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

What are the best movies from the 1980's?

80's movies are great and I think some of the best actors ever were mostly in 1980's films.   I'd like to compile a list of some of the best ones.  Any type - horror, comedy, drama...

2. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I'm a product of the 80's. I'll go with The Goonies, Driving Miss Daisy, The Lost Boys, Stand By Me, and Evil Dead, although I could probably write a couple thousand words on the subject.

3. MayG profile image87
    MayGposted 5 years ago

People will probably criticise me for saying Pretty in Pink and Dirty Dancing, but bear in mind that I was a teenager in the 80's and these movies just take me back...

1. nmdonders profile image84
      nmdondersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't think people would criticize you because these are really good movies.  I've seen both a ton of times and could watch them over and over.

4. Steadman11 profile image60
    Steadman11posted 5 years ago

I'd have to go with The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles (I'm a fan of Molly Ringwald), Tango and Cash, Ferris Beuller's Day Off, and Glory (I know...totally NOT a Molly Ringwald movie!)

Many would probably say the Lost Boys, Police Acadamy, and the Back to the Future's but I'm not very fond of them. Cocktail, BeetleJuice, The Karate Kid, and of course Dirty Dancing are also big 80's movies!

5. profile image0
    New Newbieposted 5 years ago

I'll go with Somewhere in Time starring Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymore.  The music is as good as the story.

6. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I think the best films from the 80's are Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars Episode V, ET, The Shining, and Airplane.

7. ocbill profile image60
    ocbillposted 5 years ago

For me it was:

Movies: Empire Strikes Back and Poltergeist, Top Gun (Cruise, McGillis) and Platoon (Sheen, Dafoe, Berenger)

TV - Miami Vice and the intro of MTV

8. pmorries profile image78
    pmorriesposted 5 years ago

I would have to go with The Breakfast Club. Kids are still watching it and identifying with it.

working