jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think of the Muppet's Battle With Chic Filet

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image76
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

What do you think of the Muppet's Battle With Chic Filet

The Muppet's and Chic Filet are now at war. What do you think?

The Muppets are well within their rights to shun Chick-fil-A after the chain restaurant donated to anti-gay groups and its president, Dan Cathy, made statements implying a strong, biblically-based stand against same-sex marriage.  What do you think? Should the Muppet's be in this battle.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6933641_f260.jpg

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6933997_f260.jpg

I think it is sad that an owner of such a large business would want to mix his personal views with a business. I will no longer be eating at Chick fil a because I do not support hatred toward any group of people. By eating there I would be giving him more money to fund hate.I will leave this answer with a picture I saw today online that says it all!

1. ChristinS profile image97
      ChristinSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Love your graphic and couldn't agree more with you! I saw a pic with miss piggy and kermit getting married and it said "Muppets - supporting non-traditional marriage since 1983" I thought it was great smile

2. peeples profile image95
      peeplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yea, I saw that muppets one on George Takei's facebook today. Loved it!

3. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I personally love the muppets and was thrilled to see their stance for anti-discrimination.  Why should it bother anyone who marries who? It's not like gay people are trying to force non-gay people into gay marriage... It's stupid that as a society we find it acceptable to hate a group of people.  I applaud any company who takes a stand against discrimination

4. Seafarer Mama profile image86
    Seafarer Mamaposted 5 years ago

Yes, absolutely. The Muppets have been working hard to develop a presence in children's lives that embraces diversity, so the Muppets (i.e. Henson Corporation) have every right creating as much distance between themselves and Chick-Fill-A as possible...and remove their toys from the counters of their stores. There are other ways to acquire Muppet toys..

p.s. go Kermit and Miss Piggy! :0)

working