jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do some people enjoy cosplay?

1. Rosyel Sawali profile image65
    Rosyel Sawaliposted 5 years ago

Why do some people enjoy cosplay?

It just seems fascinating to me ^_^

2. thranax profile image52
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

As a "kinda" cosplayer myself I can say its just an awesome feeling being someone from an anime or show. These people can't possibly be conceived as being real and there they are! Right in front of you. Its a thrill and the closer you look to who your cosplaying the better off you are. Also, if you never been to an Anime Convention cosplaying its a whole different world then the one we live in. Everyone has a common interest, you get to go around taking pictures with/hugging your favorite characters and everyone is willing to do things you don't ask people on the streets to do. Like doing the Caramelldansen dance or the Haruhi dance. People also like acting out the battle scenes and other parts of the show. Its basically the same in real life as people taking the name of a character and talking to each other on twitter. Its just a lot of fun, with a mixture of acting, roleplaying, awesomeness, and adventure.

3. Eric Mikols profile image81
    Eric Mikolsposted 5 years ago

I think it just helps sustain itself. I know that when I've been to conventions and I've seen other people dressed up as their favorite characters, I want to do the same thing. You look at how cool and detailed someone's outfit is and you want to do the same thing, only with your favorite. I think I could pull of a good Spike look from Cowboy Bebop and a convention and cosplay would let me do that! And no one would judge me for it!

4. profile image0
    MundaneMondaysposted 5 years ago

Imagination is the fabric of life said the Last Emperor, people cosplay cause it puts them nearer to their favorite characters it really is something sort of like loving a fave basketball player ..but in turn they love these characters so much they emulate them

Closed to reply