jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who is your favorite author and why?

1. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

Who is your favorite author and why?

My favorite author is Neil Gaiman.  He mixes fantasy with humanity and gives new life to ancient myths.  He creates fantastic worlds with intriguing characters.  I enjoy reading his works in there many forms.
    Now tell me about your favorite author.

2. simplibluesocks profile image58
    simplibluesocksposted 7 years ago

V.S. Naipaul, the 2001 nobel laureate for literature.

I love his work because he is a master of satire. He is able to take real issues and infuse humour into them in a way that i have not been able to find elsewhere. his themes are solid ...and i can always find myself in his work...i hope that makes sense to you...

I love neil gaiman too!! american gods was phenomenal. but- naipaul wins it for me :-)

3. profile image0
    Germaine Reillyposted 7 years ago

Margaret Atwood's my favourite. She explores the human psyche with great insight and creativity. She writes character driven stories, and her protagonists are complicated and flawed. Love her!

4. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 7 years ago

Vince Flynn. His main character, Mitch Rapp, is a no-holds-barred, politically incorrect field operative for the CIA and does whatever is necessary to stop the terrorist, be that foreign or ones in our own government. It's a shame he's not real.

5. renaissancepoet profile image57
    renaissancepoetposted 7 years ago

JK Rowling. She's always been a source of inspiration for me. Her foresight and imagination is so admirable. I re-read the "Harry Potter" series every year, and though I know what to expect, I'm always surprised by her writings. I get something new out of it every time, and I think that this is a mark of a great author.

6. Rosie writes profile image87
    Rosie writesposted 5 years ago

The Giver by Lois Lowry, is one of the most requested books for young readers.  A Summer to Die, and All About Sam series are also popular for young readers.  Learn about author of young adult books. read more

working