jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think is the most reliable, unbiased source for news?

1. slackermom profile image77
    slackermomposted 5 years ago

What do you think is the most reliable, unbiased source for news?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

It seems to me that all sources for news are biased to some degree.  It's nearly unavoidable.  There is probably a news source that operates in a less public manner....and has never been in the spotlight, but I'm sure we'd have to search hi & lo for it.
    The best way I have found to solve this dilemma....I listen to everything....read it all and weigh it all, make no rash judgement or decisions and form my own opinions based on the news, my research and common sense.

3. Angela Kane profile image77
    Angela Kaneposted 5 years ago

I think the most reliable and unbiased news source now is social media such as twitter. The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are also very good. However, most news sources cannot be totally free of bias anymore. It is just unrealistic.

4. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

The BBC has a reputation for unbiased news. The New York Times also is a reliable source of information. The most biased is Fox News.

5. Alecia Murphy profile image78
    Alecia Murphyposted 5 years ago

I agree all news has some slant to a certain extent. And like fpherj48 said, the past thing to do is to compare the sources and make your own judgment based on personal research and observation. As much as journalism schools try to teach unbiased reporting- people cannot divorce themselves completely from their own experiences, insights, and observations when presenting the news .

working