jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How many of you feel that song lyrics and videos should give a positive message?

1. dazzlede profile image61
    dazzledeposted 5 years ago

How many of you feel that song lyrics and videos should give a positive message?

Songs and videos are a medium of expression by the artist but we cannot deny the fact that these sometimes influence much more than anything else. Binge drinking. obscene partying/actions/language is not what we want to promote. I am not saying that in portraying the world everything is positive.....but it can end in a positive message right? A lot of the population is vulnerable after all.

2. Rosana Modugno profile image85
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

That's like saying you should ban television shows that show violence or drinking or stop commercials showing parties or actions or derogatory language.  You can't walk around the world covering your ears, literally. 

The population that is vulnerable means they are weak.  It means they are like sheep, just following whatever they see or hear without any foundation strong enough to support or teach them.  They are followers without opinions who can't think for themselves.

There are a lot of songs out there with positive messages, just as there are those without.  It's self-expression.  And it is everywhere, not just in music. 

In answering your question, I'd say I like that everyone is different.  I especially love that it is my choice to listen to them or not or like or dislike.  I love that I have that freedom to choose what I allow into my space.

1. dazzlede profile image61
      dazzledeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The vulnerable population need not just be the ones with weak personalities. The most vulnerable are the teenagers who are most impressionable at the age. Good luck.

3. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

I do indeed think that song lyrics and video should convey a positive message in a just world; however, in an unjust area, subversive or anti-governmental or a significant resistance is required to eventually change an unjust principle. If we were living in an area controlled by, well lets just say a small kabal of people who suppress everything that is contrare to their viewpoint; then perhaps we should use every means including lyrics to change it...