jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I want to do something new! so bored! any suggestions?

1. Ella Robinson profile image60
    Ella Robinsonposted 5 years ago

I want to do something new! so bored! any suggestions?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6374282_f260.jpg

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Go rock climbing, scuba diving, find a new movie to watch, try yoga in your home, purchase a new mind game, etc.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Are you bored or depressed?  Boredom is easy to overcome especially if you live in the city.  There are museums, rock climbing wall, go-cart tracks, etc.  I live in rural Montana so a person can do hiking (take a gun--bears) or spend time outside planning a garden, or building a greenhouse.

Or write a hub on the art of being alone.

For more sedentary people (as I raise my hand) there are countless craft projects, sewing, jigsaw puzzles, scrapbooking.

If you feel like reaching out, volunteer at a local nursing home or hospital.  Helping others really alleviates boredom and everyone wins.

But--if you are depressed all of these things will not look good to you and in that case, a counselor is your best bet because you really can't will your way out of true depression.

Either way good luck and let us know what you finally do that kicks that boredom.

4. rutley profile image76
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Volunteer to do something for someone less fortunate....your boredom will seem so trivial in comparison.

1. Georgie Lowery profile image96
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This = one good answer!

5. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7106616_f260.jpg

I think (indeed) SCUBA diving would cure you of your boredom; however, ther are many things that have potential. I believe you must become excited about something; then you need to practice it and persevere so that you become expert at it. Enjoy the journey not just mastering it though...

working