jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Shirley Temple were a child actor today, would people appreciate her many talent

1. Mighty Mom profile image85
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Shirley Temple were a child actor today, would people appreciate her many talents?

2. jimenezchavez profile image61
    jimenezchavezposted 5 years ago

I think they would, shirley temple is very unique, you can't compare her to any other child actors, I think they definitely would.

3. Pauline Davenport profile image61
    Pauline Davenportposted 5 years ago

I would say 'yes'. In this world of 'violence in movies, and sex on TV' to quote Mrs Griffin, I think Shirley would be total beauty in a  corrupt world. She was lovely and exhuded innocence and cuteness and everything childhood should be. She would be appreciated for those things alone, and her talents - her dancing and singing- would be the icing on the cake.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

No. Society doesn't value talents like they used to, especially for entertainment.

5. Alecia Murphy profile image78
    Alecia Murphyposted 5 years ago

I would say yes. To me she is unique in her talents, regardless of the time she became a star in. Some child stars have a quality that is timeless and I think those are the ones who are remembered the best and/or become adult stars. Even though Shirley Temple didn't succeed as an adult star, it's obvious what she did as a child speaks for itself. I would say the same goes for Ron Howard, Drew Barrymore, and Alyssa Milano among others.

working