jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should Princess Kate sunbathe topless even if she thinks no one is watching or t

1. bizzymom profile image74
    bizzymomposted 5 years ago

Should Princess Kate sunbathe topless even if she thinks no one is watching or taking photos?

I am a fan of the royal family especially Kate, William and Harry.  I feel awful that photos have come out on both Harry and now Kate, but shouldn't they know better than to be without clothing considering their position in life.  I know they deserve their privacy and should be able to do whatever they want, but they are always under such scrutiny.  Princess Kate thought she was safe from photographers and now photos of her are being plastered in the European magazines.  It is a shame, but she should not have gone topless.  What do you think?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I just said on my Facebook last night that, if she didn't want photos of her boobs in the tabloids, she shouldn't have taken her shirt off where cameras could reach. It's awful, and I feel bad for her, but there will always be scumbags that will do anything to get that "one" shot. The dude who took those photos is likely living it up with his new found wealth.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

No matter who you are there are times when you should be allowed to let your hair down and relax. It is my understanding that the couple was on private property and a long distance from road access. In hind sight I suppose even if they were the only ones on a island someone could fly over in a helicopter and take photos. Lastly I heard it was a woman that actually took the photos not that it makes a world of difference.
    Part of the price of fame is a loss of privacy. William was born into it and Kate married into it. I'm sure they've both learned some lessons. At the same time it's not healthy to live a paranoid life either.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I think that taking and publishing of the photos is abominable - disgusting. But I was also wondering how sensible it was to sunbathe topless when everyone is aware of the huge telephoto lenses out there.

So the taking of the photos was wrong - but I think she should have showed more common sense.

working