jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you prefer Anthrax or Slayer?

1. TheHeavyReview profile image73
    TheHeavyReviewposted 5 years ago

Do you prefer Anthrax or Slayer?

Everyone knows the classic Metallica vs. Megadeth debate.  But what about the other two members of the big four?  Which band do you prefer?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

My answer is yes.

Actually, though I've loved both for what seems like forever, I'm more into Slayer now. As a kid and though my early twenties, though, it was Anthrax. (I'M THE MAN!!!)

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Another vote for Anthrax here, though Slayer has made some amazing records over the years.

4. iTommyGuns profile image83
    iTommyGunsposted 5 years ago

I was never a huge slayer fan but I remember cranking reign in blood a lot. Anthrax gets my vote too.

5. profile image59
    beerbaccaposted 5 years ago

Slayer. No question. Anthrax is good, but inconsistant. Slayer hasn't had a bad album or a replacement singer. Love S.O.D. though.

6. Johnny2Balls profile image59
    Johnny2Ballsposted 5 years ago

Slayer.

Anthrax are good, but I've never really found myself sitting around listening to their albums for a good few hours. I'll throw on an album, and I'll usually get through it, but that'll be it. With Slayer I can thrown on and album, and then throw on another and another.

Having said all of that, I've grown increasingly tired of Kerry King over the years, especially from around the God Hates Us All period. I just feel that he's become too much of a caricature.

Don't get me wrong, he still writes great songs, but I've always felt that out of the two, Hanneman has always been the stronger songwriter.

working