jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Which stringed musical instrument do you like the most!

1. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

Which stringed musical instrument do you like the most!

Examples are....6 string guitar, electric guitar, banjo, mandolin. They all contribute to the backgrounds on a song.  Please give Song examples!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7292465_f260.jpg

2. joanwz profile image76
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

that would be a two-way tie between a lute and a mandolin.TIed for second would be a string base or electric base.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Their are three.
    Violin--I just find it amazing what people can do with that instrument.
    Guitar--I grew up in the 60s and 70s when the Guitar was king.
    Piano--Some do not consider this a string instrument, but rather a melodic percussion instrument. I have a good friend who plays piano very well. However, while it has keys, the keys move hammers that hit strings and make tones.

I can play none of the instruments. I cannot read music and certainly cannot sing. So I just listen with envy.

Diane Woodsonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like the depth here...I love guitar 6 string of course and banjo...I grew up in Music City USa and would be out of my wits not to love lots of Country instruments...love fiddle too David Lindley does a fine job with JB Jackson Browne for years..

2. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do not leave out the 12-string guitar--old girlfriend from college could really play that thing. Mason Williams also did a good job. Banjo is good, if the person really knows how to play.

4. Getsavvy profile image60
    Getsavvyposted 5 years ago

I like the Banjo, My favorite one. When I was a child my next door neighbor would play Bluegrass with his band. They would practice, I often went and sat on my back stoop and listen. I loved the sound of the banjo,  it contributed a lively sounding tune to string mix.

Diane Woodsonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is great that you were in an envionment where music is appreciated as a child.....It makes a lasting difference in our Adul lives...I can't imagine a day without Pop and Country music and like some bluegrass. Its so authentic.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

What a tough question!  My vote goes to a beatifully made acoustic guitar but a well-aged violin played by a master brings tears to my eyes!

6. TheCranberryBarn profile image73
    TheCranberryBarnposted 5 years ago

They're all great, but my favorite is cello!  Great sound and you can hug it while you're playing.  big_smile

working