jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How to avoid mosh pits?

1. Darkmetaly profile image68
    Darkmetalyposted 5 years ago

How to avoid mosh pits?

I'm a short guy going to Download festival next summer with some friends It will be my first time at a big music festival so I do not want to get brushed and broken beyond recognition. Slipknot will be playing and from what I hear there mosh pits are very brutal.

2. Jennifer Stone profile image87
    Jennifer Stoneposted 5 years ago

Hehehe... my last mosh pit experience ended with a broken finger... and I was lucky!
    :-)
    The best thing is not to get right in the middle of the crowd at the front, that is where the "moshing" happens....  there'll be plenty of others not wanting to jump in but it will be crowded and unless you stand well back you will be likely to get a little jostled.... If you do end up in the mosh pit, hands out and push anyone who comes near you! :-) Have fun and stop worrying is my advice...

1. Darkmetaly profile image68
      Darkmetalyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the advice Jennifer

3. mindyjgirl profile image80
    mindyjgirlposted 5 years ago

Stand in the back of the place or get cheap seats out of the way. When they start bouncing around slip out for a bathroom break & comming back in just in time when its calming down. If you stay on the ouside of the ring its not as bad just watch out for people flying ut your way.

4. GuitarGear profile image83
    GuitarGearposted 5 years ago

Don't get caught in the middle.  Even during the pre-mosh pit violence era that I grew up in it was a good idea not to get trapped center stage. Leave yourself an out in case things get out of hand.  Try to stay on the fringe and not in a position where you can get sucked in.  Of course you could go the other way and wear half finger gloves and a mouthpiece and "Get ready to rumble".  Either way, have a good time.

5. PDXKaraokeGuy profile image83
    PDXKaraokeGuyposted 5 years ago

One, don't see slipknot play. You can find better music. Two, to avoid a mosh pit either take a place far from the stage or take on on the periphery.

working