jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Why Is Gangnam Style So Popular?

1. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. MarleneB profile image97
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

Plain and simply, it's fun and funny! What's funny about it is watching people make those silly little moves while trying to keep a straight face, as if they are serious about what they are doing. You're not supposed to laugh while doing it and that's what makes it fun. It's like making a funny face and then telling someone not to laugh. They laugh, then you laugh, then everyone in the room laughs. I think that's what makes it so popular - a room full of people laughing by the end of the song.

1. Brett.Tesol profile image49
      Brett.Tesolposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree. The whole idea was a tongue in cheek poke at the 'upper classes' of that area. The dance is fun and it is hard not to laugh while watching someone do it. Kpop had already spread, even wrote a few hubs about that almost 2 years back...

3. divacratus profile image75
    divacratusposted 5 years ago

Because it's so wonderfully weird, and people like things which are different and which stand apart from the crowd.

4. Rosyel Sawali profile image65
    Rosyel Sawaliposted 5 years ago

It stands out. It's catchy. It looks like a lot of fun, esp. when you're dancing with the crowd. It's funny too. I guess that's what everyone needs these days. ^_^

5. suk91 profile image69
    suk91posted 5 years ago

i guess its because of Chris Gayle and west indies cricket team it became so popular! even i came to know of gangnam style only through them! smile

6. ytsenoh profile image86
    ytsenohposted 5 years ago

This video is still popular and the dance moves are fun and you have to admit, it makes you want to dance.  It's a fun, feel good popular hit.  I'm sure it will be on my daughter's song list for her wedding.  It's popular because it's unique and the moves are catchy and "different" is better than same, same, same...

working