jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you Roku?

1. JimTxMiller profile image79
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Do you Roku?

If you have left cables and dishes behind for the little no-service-fee Roku box to stream TV, has your experience been positive or negative? Would you recommend Roku, and if so, why?

2. Billrrrr profile image83
    Billrrrrposted 5 years ago

Of course!

With Roku I get thousands of movies and television shows plus a boatload of special features (which you can access through free private channels).

I pay about $8.00 for Netflix and get Crackle for free as well as dozens of other channels including a special weather station that is tailored to whatever town I choose. 

I have Dish also and pay less than $30 per month for all my local channels plus about a half dozen Encore outlets including my favorite, "Encore Westerns".
    I also have a western channel on Roku that specializes in Roy, Gene, Hoppy and others of that ilk.

I Love Roku.

3. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I didn't even know what Roku was until I clicked on this question. Thanks for the informative question.

1. JimTxMiller profile image79
      JimTxMillerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome, Goody! I didn't hear of Roku until about a year ago, and we bought in about six months ago.

4. Annie Miller profile image78
    Annie Millerposted 5 years ago

I love Roku! With Netflix instant queue and Hulu+ we get all the movies and (most) first run TV shows from the channels we don't get ... I also love the music channels like Pandora and Earbits . It's the perfect alternative to cable or satellite. I won't even consider going back.