jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which do you prefer? X-Factor, The Voice, or American Idol?

1. jaydawg808 profile image88
    jaydawg808posted 5 years ago

Which do you prefer? X-Factor, The Voice, or American Idol?

Though different, very similar because they are about singing.  What show do you prefer and why?

2. multiculturalsoul profile image83
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

I have watched all three ... and I prefer The Voice. I don't particularly like the celebrity coaches all the time, and I'm sure there are some "scripted" moments, but the voices are superb. I like it when the voice doesn't match the performer or the performer doesn't have the look a Simon Cowell would want.

3. ufk profile image79
    ufkposted 5 years ago

I prefer The X Factor....but I'm assuming that the question-maker is not in England, where I am. We do have one called Britain's Got Talent...which is better if you want more variety. For more professionalism in the latter stages...X-Factor....for variety...Britain's Got Talent. The Voice I found a bit lame smile

4. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

I watched the voice once, and thought the whole idea of it was stupid. The whole Idea that these judges or whatever they are never see the performers in a large studio, is about like the "move that bus." on those home make-over shows. Any one who really believes it, doesn't use their brain for anything other than watching TV.

I lump the X-factor in with American Idol. But, I think with this years judges on American Idol, the show is going to fail miserably. The last American Idol winner Scotty Mc-whatever and Lauren Alaina were hand picked, obviously to sell country records. As, the only American Idols who are big earners are those who have done country albums. When Lauren Alaina started the show she was singing songs by Aerosmith. And, they groomed her into a country star. Just like Carrie Underwood, and Kelly Pickler.

I don't think any of these shows are legit competitions anymore. I am very happy for Adam Lambert though. He should have won, but, it really doesn't matter, because just like Chris Daughtry he is kicking the rest ass in record sales.

working