jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do you think Pia Toscano was sent home so relatively early on American Idol?

1. gis_r07 profile image82
    gis_r07posted 6 years ago

Why do you think Pia Toscano was sent home so relatively early on American Idol?

2. profile image47
    Gnip Konopposted 6 years ago

Even though Pia had the best voice in the competition I believe people like under dogs not the glamour Barbie girl. She should have a successful singing career but America is not going to give the "Idol" status to the girl that reminded them of the stuck up snob in high school. I'm surprised she was booted so early but I'm not disappointed. Voting should be changed to who you want kicked off the most vs your favorite.

3. gis_r07 profile image82
    gis_r07posted 6 years ago

I agree rebekahELLE. I also think that people vote to boost the borderline contestants, thinking that the really good ones will be safe due to excessive voting by other voters.

4. mariahpoo profile image72
    mariahpooposted 6 years ago

I was not surprised in the slightest that she got sent home. Don't get me wrong, she has talent and she beautiful. But to win American Idol you need a powerful stage presence and loads of personality. That is where she fell short.

Look at it this way, she did not take the judges advice. She finally did one uptempo song. But didn't really work on her stage presence.

I still believe that she will have an amazing career. I think she will get a manager and a team and they will help her work on her stage presence.

I wrote a hub on it.

5. Garnet Greene profile image61
    Garnet Greeneposted 6 years ago

@mariapoo - I just wrote a hub about this too...I'm going to go and read yours...

Basically, IMHO, if there are any talented cute boys in the running, I really don't think anyone else has much of a chance. Idol is about finding talent, but I don't think who wins really matters at the end of the day!

Pia did go home pretty early in my opinion, but with James Durbin, Scotty Mc Creery and Stefano Langone in the running, the girls don't have much of a chance in my opinion.

Idol voting is driven by teenage girls - a teenage girl is not likely to choose someone like, uber-talented, bluesy hippy, Crystal Bowersox, over charming, cute and moderately talented Lee Dewyze. They won't be into someone like Crystal, until someone like Lee breaks their hearts!