jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (16 posts)

Who do you think will win American Idol this year?

1. Cici2hip4u profile image59
    Cici2hip4uposted 6 years ago

Who do you think will win? Casey Abrams got another chance that shocked the whole crown and, especially, him! But in your opinion, state who you like the best.

2. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Still a little early to know for sure, but Pia has the best voice of all of them.

3. Christene profile image78
    Christeneposted 6 years ago

I think Pia might win.

I loved Casey early on, but he's on an 'angry voice' kick now that I don't like as much.

4. gis_r07 profile image86
    gis_r07posted 6 years ago

I think it can go to either Pia, James or Jacob. They have been consistently good throughout the season.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

James Durbin can sing himself into winning. He really has a great voice and the rock style could do it for him. I can see the young girl vote all going his way.

5. Janet21 profile image68
    Janet21posted 6 years ago

never liked Casey

my favorites are James, Pia, Naima and Paul (i know he is strange, but i like him)

i think the top 2 will be James and Pia

my 10 y/o daughter will lose it if James gets voted off.  she loves him! lol

6. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

They need to change how many times people can vote! It should be one vote each week per person. I can't believe the results tonight.  come on, America.. Haley should be long gone and Lauren.  Their talent is amateur.

7. brimancandy profile image81
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

Well, this must be an older post, as Pia was sent home.

I suspect that the producers of Idol are hoping for another Lee Dewyze type to win Idol. Which could be Casey. But, from what I heard from Randy Jackson on the Conan show. They may be pushing for Scotty or Lauren to win. I hope it's not Scotty. I don't like him one bit. There are a zillion guys singing country music who are better. James, Lauren, Stefano, and Paul are the most marketable for pop.

People say Scotty could be like Carrie Underwood. Um no. I don't think he has the range, and will probably drop off the charts faster than Bucky Covington. I don't like him.

8. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Seeing that American Idol has now "Officially" become the Teen Girls American Idol Show...I would see James Durbin, Lauren, and Scotty doing well.
    It it now about the popularity to the teen girl voting.

James Durbin will capture the sensation from teens who liked Adam Lambert. (I think James has potential to do great things, especially in the lead of a rock band)
    Lauren is a teen herself still and the young teen girls can relate to her.
    Scotty...he can sing country and will. But an American Idol winner? I hope not, since he is not!  And what is up with him and the Microphone? It is so weird how he holds it. Someone teach this guy how to hold a microphone correctly!

Pia...what can be said? I do think the judges always pushing her for more may have been taken as putting her down more than encouragement to the viewers. They may have loved her, but why not talk to her After the show? The new judges are great, but...they praise those who should be getting the "Simon Cowell" treatment!

9. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Scotty.

He is certainly going to succeed even if he doesn't win.  The others are easy to forget; he is not.

All are talented - no doubt about that.

1. Cici2hip4u profile image59
      Cici2hip4uposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your opinion on Scotty, and I think he has what it takes to win the whole thing, but James has a pretty good run.

10. gis_r07 profile image86
    gis_r07posted 6 years ago

Based on last night's elimination of Pia, it seems as though the best singer may not necessarily win. Pia was my favorite. In her absence I think James should win.....

11. celebritie profile image81
    celebritieposted 6 years ago

Looks like Scotty McCreery has what it takes.

12. brimancandy profile image81
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

Scotty sucks. His version of you were always on my mind was slow and boring, and every song he sings sounds the same. he has no originality, and almost every song he does is exactly like the original version. It also irritates me that they don't tell him to do something different with his songs, while they tell all the other contestants that they didn't make it their own. Scotty never does! It's all textbook karoke.

You want to hear a version of you were always on my mind that is making it your own. Listen to the Petshop Boys. That's original.

http://youtu.be/MUWLsdk2zP4

Or Adam Lamberts "ring of fire", which is amazing live.

13. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

Now it is only a popularity contest, most of the best, true, talent is gone. I like James and he's good, performs well, but I'm not sure he'll make it with the majority of those who actually vote. Haley should already be gone, although she has grown with her vocals, she's not focused enough. The country singers will continue to gain votes. It might get down to James and Scotty.

I like the other show better on NBC, The Voice.

14. Ladybird33 profile image49
    Ladybird33posted 6 years ago

I liked Casey a lot and I love Lauren...I think that is her name and I really like Haley but not loving Jacob...sorry

working