jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favourite tv show ever?

1. sleepylog profile image94
    sleepylogposted 5 years ago

What is your favourite tv show ever?

Many people have been left stunned and heartbroken over the recent demise of TV show Leverage. This has prompted me to ask what is your favourite TV show ever and why?

For me it's Star Trek: The Next Generation because of its visionary outlook of the future and the well developed characters. My favourite characters  were Worf and Data because of their struggles in understanding humans.

2. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

Difficult to say.  There have been some fine serials and series on television - especially those made in the United Kingdom.   I used to really look forward to a series called, The Onedin Line, which came out many years ago.   It was about a shipping line in the days of sail.  Very good each episode.   

Of course, that was in the days of black 'n white TV. 

Also used to like some of the Science shows such as The 21st Century.  Funny how many of the new inventions they expected to see way back in the 1960s never eventuated.  There was no mention of the Internet or mobile phones for example.  How it's all changed!

sleepylogposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer. I haven't heard of either one of the shows you mentioned but then again, they were probably before my time, I was born in the 70s.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Hello sleepylog,

I would have to say Magnum P.I. starring Tom Selleck as Magnum. A very close second would be The Andy Griffith show.

4. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Winky Dink and You. That's my answer, and I'm sticking to it!

5. profile image49
    tvfor200posted 5 years ago

Seinfeld is my all time favorite tv show next to Cheers. I love that it is still relevant after 20 years and is a show about Nothing! Still love Cheers though. They both make me happy.

sleepylogposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I never really got into Cheers, but I loved Seinfeld, even my kids who were just babies when the show ended love it. My son has bought the first three seasons on DVD.