jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you excited about the new "Star Trek Into Darkness" movie sequel?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image78
    alexandriaruthkposted 4 years ago

Are you excited about the new "Star Trek Into Darkness" movie sequel?

To be released spring of 2013?

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 4 years ago

No , there are important things in this world to get excited about.  I guess that I am looking forward to having a look when it gets on telly. However, the only Star Trek I found worth taking time over was the original series.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

No, I am a fan of Star Trek TNG and the original series. I can't let go of that enough to accept the young actors as the original characters.

4. Garlonuss profile image81
    Garlonussposted 4 years ago

Absolutely! I was concerned about new faces for the old crew, but that last movie allayed my apprehensions and now I just really want to see what they come up with next. Personally, I can't stand Star Trek fans who complain that this new timeline is a betrayal of everything that came before. It's an alternate timeline. That's used all over in Star Trek. I own all 727 episodes (which includes the animated series) and 11 movies, and I just want to see more.

5. Mike Marks profile image75
    Mike Marksposted 4 years ago

no... JJ' ST is too much action, not enough thought provokingness, time paradoxes stopped being thought provoking a decade or three ago (dimension paradoxes, however, didn't stop being thought provoking until after JJ's Lost, the sideways stuff was still cool at that point, but since then too many other shows dipped into that pool)... but you're talking to a guy who perfers the V'Gir thought provoker over all the following ST flicks, and the scene(s) of Spock entering V'Gir to the clasping of Kirk's hand in sickbay to be the best scenes in all of ST, with its resolve of the original series long standing question of logic vs creativity/intuition/feeling

6. profile image0
    Jayfortposted 4 years ago

I'm moderately excited. Will definitely see it in the theater.