jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Why on earth is Anne Hathaway #9 on the "most hated celebrities" list?

1. JMcFarland profile image88
    JMcFarlandposted 4 years ago

Why on earth is Anne Hathaway #9 on the "most hated celebrities" list?

I've always found Anne Hathaway to be genuine, likeable and easy to relate to.  Although she is a brilliant actress, she has also encouraged social justice and taken a stand for people who are unable to easily stand up for themselves.  Her body of work has been moving and inspiring, and I can't imagine why so many people seem to dislike her so vehemently.  What are your thoughts?

2. sleepylog profile image95
    sleepylogposted 4 years ago

It all has to do with the influence the media has over those who can't think for themselves. The media doesn't like her because there are no scandalous stories to tell about her so they vilify her to the point where people start to hate her.

What I find harder to understand about that list is why Chris Brown is only at number 20? Should he not be at number 1, like forever? Kristen Stewart cheats on her boyfriend and she's the second most hated celebrity for that, but Chris Brown, a woman basher is less hated than her and Anne Hathaway? What is wrong with the world?

JMcFarlandposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree with you.  The dichotomy between the two is ridiculous

2. kallini2010 profile image83
      kallini2010posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Isn't there a saying "There is no bad publicity"?

3. Alecia Murphy profile image79
    Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago

These lists are highly subjective. I don't put all that much stock in them. Really I think Anne Hathaway's inclusion has to do with her being perceived in a certain way. I personally have no problem with her and like many of her films. But I think sometimes it makes people feel better to come down on another person to make themselves feel better.

4. ms_independent profile image92
    ms_independentposted 4 years ago

What? That's ridiculous. She's intelligent, charming, articulate, and has spoken up for various causes, including gay rights. She is also a phenomenal actress. Some people are just so jealous they can't help but hate her, I suppose.

JMcFarlandposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely.  I think it's absurd that she ranks higher than admitted woman-beater Chris Brown

5. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years ago

I don't get why Gwyneth Paltrow is the most hated, and Jennifer Lopez rank so high on the list either.

6. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 4 years ago

Do yourself a favor and stop reading the tabloid hype, it's for emotive purposes and wants you to sway your opinions to either love or hate.  It's a cesspool really.

Anne Hathaway proved her worth in Les Miserables where she disguarded the roles that make her the princess and became a versatile actress.