I am so appalled by the news that Kobe is suing his Mom. What happened to honor

1. SEXYLADYDEE profile image71
    SEXYLADYDEEposted 4 years ago

I am so appalled by the news that Kobe is suing his Mom. What happened to honor thy Mother?

So Kobe has been playing professional ball for over say 15 years. Years ago he tells his Mom, so she says, after she asks him what to do with all his stuff he left in her house, to do whatever with it. Since he has room in his home and can afford to store it I tend to believe her. Now that an auction house has given her $850,000 on an estimated 1.5 mil sale of his Pre-professional stuff his lawyers seek an injunction. TMI TMI personal family stuff should stay personal. IJS.

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Family matters should remain as family matters. However, I think he is just crying over spilled milk. They are just belongings, and if he doesn't have good communication with his mother, that is something he could fix without court.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I believe some of the bitterness between Kobe and his parents stems from the fact that they did not want their son to marry Vanessa and he chose to do so without a prenuptial agreement. According to a recent statement from Kobe he has given his parents (millions of dollars) over the years. In his words:
    "At what point do you say enough is enough?"
    Based upon what he is saying his parents shouldn't be hurting for money. Most mothers I grew up around would never sell their children's awards, trophies, or items. Most adults would think it's cool to leave those things with their parents. Each time you visit it's like coming home.
    I suspect there is a reason why his mother did not ask him before hand if he would be cool with her selling those items. If she had told him her intention was to sell those items he would have made room in his Newport Beach, CA mansion to keep them. I think before any of us picks sides we should hear what both people have to say.