jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are there any songs that bring you back to a certain period in your life?

1. ParadigmEnacted profile image74
    ParadigmEnactedposted 4 years ago

Are there any songs that bring you back to a certain period in your life?

What are those songs and why?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Seventies music always takes me back to my childhood and as I was growing up. Some nostalgia, some bad. I love seventies music.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

The songs and music of the late 60's which were my high school years. I hear certain songs and I am taken right back to those days - it is almost tangible.

Do You Believe in Magic by the Lovin' Spoonfus was a song I heard all the time when I was talking to my first crush on the phone.

Bus Stop by the Hollies was the song that was playing when m aunt told me my mom died.  So that one makes me cry.

Anything bu Donovan or Bob Dylan.

4. nArchuleta profile image93
    nArchuletaposted 4 years ago

Any songs I have an emotional connection to. I'm a child of the 80s, so some cheesy ballads from 80s hair bands actually get me. "Don't Speak" by No Doubt, classic break-up song from the 90s. Actually, "It's Raining Men" reminds me of living in Poland; it was very popular in clubs at the time. Though the song is way over-played, "Du Hasst" by Rammstein brings me back to when I first got into the band in the 90s.

5. Blond Logic profile image99
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

Yes, I can still remember that ELO song, "It's a livin thing' playing on the radio when I had a car accident. I was 16 and I had just picked my sister up from the laundromat. As she put her freshly washed and folded clothes on the rear seat she said, "Now don't get in an accident and knock this off."
    We were singing away with ELO, I stopped at the stop sign and assuming it was a 4 way stop, I crossed. It was only a two way stop and I caused the accident. No one was hurt but it was frightening. Thank goodness we were in a strong car. The passenger door, where my sister was sitting took the brunt of the smash. The front of the other car was damaged and even broke the radiator.
    It is the only time I have had an accident and now people say, I am overly cautious. These are people who have been in multiple accidents, I will add. I feel it was a lesson learned early that has stuck with me.

6. Man of Strength profile image78
    Man of Strengthposted 4 years ago

Almost any r&b ballad from the '90s takes me back to high school. Those songs would be my motivation to talk to girls.

working