If you could tell your life story with songs which ones would you use?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)
  1. MrsGray32 profile image59
    MrsGray32posted 10 years ago

If you could tell your life story with songs which ones would you use?

2. fpherj48 profile image62
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

From the Operatic Live Stage Musical,  "Man of La Mancha,"  "The Impossible Dream."    There are probably dozens more I may have chosen, but this song was the very first to pop into my head...and I've learned to go with that!   (Like answering a multiple choice question with your first inclination!).....90% of the time, it's the right one!!......Good question!

3. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 10 years ago

I think I would use the Pink Floyd song called Comfortably Numb. That was a really good question my friend.

4. jtrader profile image37
    jtraderposted 10 years ago

I would choose the one from Ciara with the line, "The Princess is here". Also, the hymn, "Be Thou My Vision", as well as POD's "Boom".

5. profile image0
    AlienWednesdayposted 10 years ago

Killing me Softly by The Fugees
    Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
    One Step Closer by Linkin Park
    Numb by Linkin Park
    Free Fallin' by John Mayer
    Corduroy by Pearl Jam
    Just a few of mine..

6. Learn Things Web profile image92
    Learn Things Webposted 10 years ago

Not my whole life but parts of Rat Trap by The Boomtown Rats and parts of Blind by Ke$ha definitely describe certain times and feelings from my childhood. Neither song is actually about my situation but there are specific lines that so strongly relate to those times and feelings. Those particular lyrics bring up a lot of emotions and memories.

7. spartucusjones profile image91
    spartucusjonesposted 10 years ago

Here are 10 songs which would make up the soundtrack to my life:
    1.Shaft - Issac Hayes (this would be my dream theme song, but it probably doesn't fit because I'm really not cool and funky enough for it. Also my name isn't Shaft. But it would make really cool opening credit music)
    2. Loser - Beck
    3. Creep - Radiohead
    4. One More Cup of Coffee for the Road - The White Stripes (cover of a Bob Dylan song)
    5. Comfort Eagle - Cake
    6. I See a Darkness - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (this will fit those sad introspective periods)
    7. Three Little Birds - Bob Marley & the Wailers (this is the optimistic pep talk to help get over the dark and moody period of my life story)
    8. Sabotage - Beastie Boys (at some point in my story there needs to be a way cool car chase, and this would be way cool car chase music)
    9. Fade Into You - Mazzy Star (the first dance at my wedding if I ever get around to it)
    10. The Rockafeller Skank - Fatboy Slim (this would be way cool closing credit music)

Man that was long, maybe I should of just written a hub. Maybe I still will.

8. jstfishinman profile image60
    jstfishinmanposted 10 years ago

My wife helped me learn to love again and has for the last 33 yrs. My song goes, I've lost at love before. I got mad and closed the door, you said try just once more. I chose you for the one, now we're having so much fun. You came and showed me that, loving you is where it's at. My wife saved me from loneliness and I am so glad she did.

1. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ah what a beautiful story and perfect song choice. Forget the name of that song though

2. jstfishinman profile image60
      jstfishinmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You've Made Me So Very Happy

9. writinglover profile image76
    writingloverposted 10 years ago

"You Raise Me Up"

"To Where You Are" (Both by Josh Groban)

"Apologize" By One Republic

"What Hurts The Most" By Rascal Flatts

"Someday" by Rob Thomas

"Real World '09" by Rob Thomas

"Her Diamonds" by Rob Thomas

"You're the Inspiration." By Chicago

I could go on for ages but I think the first four songs represent at least half of my life. Thankfully, the other half is much happier.

10. jht1414 profile image87
    jht1414posted 10 years ago

Songs from Broadway shows. They work in almost every situation.

A few favorites

"It's Delovely"
    "Let's Misbehave"
    "Anything Goes"
    "Oh what a beautiful morning"
    "Ya Got Trouble"
    "I'm in love again"
    "I feel pretty"
    "So Long Farewell"

I could go on....but you get it.

11. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 10 years ago

I hope you dance-  Lee Ann Womack
    This song totally describes everything in life. I have learned so much just by taking that chance. By giving with all I've got i have made it so much farther in a lot of things than i have ever thought i would.

12. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 10 years ago

It's very coincidental that you asked this question right after I just finished posting a poetic hub and song about a broken heart that I received some years ago. Turned out that the broken heart was actually good for me. I learned a lot from it. A broken heart can mend too.

13. Penny G profile image61
    Penny Gposted 9 years ago

Neal Diamond's Love On the Rocks, Thousand miles from nowhere Diwight Yoakam,

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)