jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Which movie would have made a better TV series?

1. EJ Lambert profile image72
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

Which movie would have made a better TV series?

More often than people realize there is a number of movie releases that showcase a plot tailor-made for television.  In your opinion, what is one cinema title that actually could've done better on smaller screens?

2. Eva Berlin profile image73
    Eva Berlinposted 4 years ago

Atlas Shrugged.

It's a great book, the two-part movies released recently didn't do it justice.
    I think somebody should take the story into TV series. Preferable the producers of Game of Thrones big_smile

EJ Lambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Nice call.  I haven't read it yet but it is near the top of my list.

3. anusha15 profile image88
    anusha15posted 4 years ago

I think, Harry Potter. Well I know there are tons of thousands of die hard fans of Harry Potter Movies. And guess what, I started with HP movies as well - I started reading the books only after watching the third movie. But seriously, after the third movie, the books had so much - converting into a movie was just a semi-futile effort. I call it semi futile, because, no doubt the movies are an amazing cinematic effort. But the amount of details the story demanded, would be fit only for a TV series with a lot of time, may be some in depth story telling and even from the point of view of audiences - I have and still find something new - a new emotion, a new angle, a new explanation that I somehow till the moment miss - when I re-read the books.

EJ Lambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It does make sense.  By switching to television you could've covered every detail left out in the movies.

4. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Ray Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes". Fantastic story, but once Disney/Buena Vista got a hold of it the script felt rather dumbed down for what seemed the time factor. NO offense to the memory of Ray Bradbury, though. I would also add that a television company doing it could have done well to keep the same actors. A very talented group there.

working