jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (18 posts)

What old movie or TV series do you want to see a remake?

1. jpcmc profile image87
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

What old movie or TV series do you want to see a remake?

For TV series I want to see MacGyver.  I also I want to see a remake of The Lone Ranger.

2. Ethan Green profile image91
    Ethan Greenposted 5 years ago

babylon 5 would be great with modern cgi. but they would probably ruin it!

3. Pauladance.co.uk profile image60
    Pauladance.co.ukposted 5 years ago

I find that many re-makes are disappointing in that they are nothing like as good as the original.  Off-hand i cannot think of one that was superior -  this despite new techniques, facilities etc. Does anyone agree with me?  If so, why is this.
    For instance, the movie MY FAIR LADY was wonderful.  But some years earlier there was a non-musical B/W version starring Leslie Howard and the superb Wendy Hiller.  It was called PYGMALION.  Now that was ACTING!

1. Ethan Green profile image91
      Ethan Greenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree generally. The only TV series remake I can think of that was was amazing was battlestar galactica. The remake is generally regarded as one of the best sci-fi series of all time now.

4. Cogerson profile image82
    Cogersonposted 5 years ago

Johnny Depp is bringing a Lone Ranger movie to theaters next summer.  As for my preferences.....not sure on TV shows.....maybe a new Moonlighting....but on the movie side ....how about a remake of the Sean Connery/Michael Caine movie The Man Who Would Be King or Cary Grant's North by Northwest.

5. joanwz profile image76
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

none. I hater remakes. I'd rather see original material.

6. John Sarkis profile image84
    John Sarkisposted 5 years ago

I can't wait for a remake of "20,000 Thousand Leagues under the Sea."  The Disney version of the 50's was good, but with today's special effects and technology, a remake of it should be great! (I'm referring to something on the scale of Avatar - half billion dollar budget, etc)

7. Brain Baldwin profile image74
    Brain Baldwinposted 5 years ago

I'm not usually a fan of remakes unless there is something added that wasn't available in the past.  For a movie Fantastic Voyage might be a good one and as far as TV shows go SAPCE 1999 or U.F.O.  Both of those could be so much more with some fine writing and a CGI injection.

8. profile image59
    JBunceposted 5 years ago

If they made sure to get the right people involved, I think a new version of "The Rockford Files" could be a lot of fun.

1. Pauladance.co.uk profile image60
      Pauladance.co.ukposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, don't say that!  I have been in love with James Garner for years.   I don't think I could bear it!
      See, that's what happens!

9. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

The Magic School Bus.  My kids love this!  The bummer is that they are all video copies of back when I was a kid.  I really wish they would remake & update the information on this series.  I think it is a fantastic outlet for fun education for children & I'm sure it would be just as popular (if not more) as it was back when it was new.

I know that in the school my kids attend, they still supplement with some of these videos.  Wouldn't it be great to have updated and new ones!

10. Amberjewell profile image76
    Amberjewellposted 5 years ago

Step by Step and Full House. I loved those old hearty moral teaching family shows.

11. GiblinGirl profile image82
    GiblinGirlposted 5 years ago

I can't really think of a television show I'd want to see a remake of, but it might be cool to see a contemporary version of the movie Singin in the Rain.

12. First Colony profile image60
    First Colonyposted 5 years ago

I have thought about doing a remake of Noth by Northwest quite a lot, and the problem with doing a remake of it is how you would do the initial case of mistaken identity.  If you remember, the bellhop was yelling that there was a phone call for George Kaplan at the same time that Cary Grant's character is signaling to the bellhop that he needs a phone.  Thus, the case of mistaken identity.  If you made a modern version of the movie, how would you do that? Everybody has phones, Cary Grant's character wouldn't have to signal to the bellhop to get his attention, and if someone wanted Kaplan, they would call his cell. Do bellhops still take messages anymore?
    I tried to reply directly to Cogerson's answer, but I ran out of characters.

13. trusouldj profile image81
    trusouldjposted 5 years ago

I'd rather see the original stars be central in a continuation.  Many times producers use a popular brand name, but the end result resembles nothing close to the property it was inspired by.

14. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

"The Ten Commandments." I think film and computer technology would make it truly amazing to see reimagined.

15. Alecia Murphy profile image79
    Alecia Murphyposted 5 years ago

I'm a huge film noir fanatic and even though some are untouchable look "Double Indemnity," I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of "Leave Her to Heaven." It would be interesting to see how modern technology, social media, and social mores would influence a newer version of that.

16. profile image56
    Arahullposted 5 years ago

usually i dont like remakes because they dont have good stories , but  if i have to answer just aname it would be "Public Enemies" starring "Johny Depp "