jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is your favorite and probably least well-known movie from Netflix streaming

1. Krista Schnee profile image79
    Krista Schneeposted 4 years ago

What is your favorite and probably least well-known movie from Netflix streaming?

Is there one movie on Netflix streaming that you discovered and thought was simply great? Is it one that you think others should know about? Please share your favorites!

2. kereeves3 profile image79
    kereeves3posted 4 years ago

There are definitely some gems on Netflix, you just have to dig around a bit to find them.  I watched a bunch of random indie flicks in the past few months, and I think my favorite was probably The Giant Mechanical Man (2012).  It stars Jenna Fisher and Chris Messina, and it was pretty adorable.  I'm a huge fan of Chris Messina!  He was also in one with Jennifer Westfeldt called Ira & Abby (2006) that was pretty enjoyable.  If you're a fan of Westfeldt, also check out Friends With Kids (2011).
    Another one that I thought was very interesting was called Gabby on the Roof in July (2010).  There aren't any familiar actors in this movie, but the girl who plays Gabby is sure to be a star someday.  This movie was a bit on the weird side, but I really felt like the brother/sister relationship was very well acted.
    Safety Not Guaranteed (2012) has sort of a sci-fi theme to it, underneath all the drama, comedy, and romance.  I liked it a lot because I really like Aubrey Plaza, Jake Johnson, and Mark Duplass.
    And lastly, a funny indie flick with Haley Joel Osment in his funniest role called Sassy Pants (2012).  The mother in this movie is just perfect and the grandmother is even better.  Pretty cute movie with a happy ending.

Krista Schneeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely have to check those out.

3. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8091773_f260.jpg

Krista,
    That movie would be "Barefoot in the Park" with Jane Fonda and Robert Redford.
    Lisa

Krista Schneeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Lisa! I hadn't heard of that one. I'll have to check it out.

working