jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite British sitcom?

1. bethperry profile image93
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

What is your favorite British sitcom?

Over the years the Brits have had some extremely funny TV sitcoms. Which one is your very favorite?

2. Dustin85 profile image60
    Dustin85posted 4 years ago

Has to be Spaced. Were I to create a television show (not that anyone is asking me to) it would be like Spaced.

3. mintinfo profile image74
    mintinfoposted 4 years ago

I watch Coronation Street. The writers need to get a little bit more creative though.

4. theryanpride profile image79
    theryanprideposted 4 years ago

it has been 13 years since i got to watch a British comedy but when i was a kid it has to be Mr Bean and last of the summer wine.

bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

theryanpride, I love Rowan Atkinson.

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Bread, an old TV show about a family called the Boswells who're all unemployed but still claim for all the benefits they can. While this family is deemed 'scum' in the real world because they rip off the state and can easily get work, the escapades they have are all hilarious and have some clever outcomes in the end.

Unfortunately trying to get anything past series 1-4 out of the 7 series there are is a pain in the bottom. Speaking of which, that was another sitcom I loved: Bottom, starring Rik Mayall and Ade Edmonson (amongst others who also appeared in the Young Ones, one of the most iconic comedies in the world). It's extremely violent, sweary and sex-oriented so it's not for all viewers, but it's barmy bonkers and helped shape me into the deranged lunatic outside of HubPages I am today! ^^

bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

cool smile

6. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

The only one which used to keep me laughing throughout the whole show - even on the re-runs - was the department store sit-com, "Are You Being Served?". LOL Everyone had a meaningful role in that show. :-D

7. WalterPoon profile image79
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

I don't like sitcom, British or otherwise, because it's too time-consuming to watch. I prefer standup comedy because there's a limit to how long the comedian can stand.

8. Tim Quam profile image61
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

I love Fawlty Towers.  John Cleese had such restrained frustration and often times not so restrained.  It's funny who few episodes are made of British shows compared to American shows.  Fawlty Towers had six episodes in 1975 and six more in 1979. That was it.  Still it's a memorable show.  In one episode Basil (John Cleese) is having car trouble and he threatens the car with a flogging.  He leaves the car in the shot only to return with a branch and a flogging and hilarity ensues.

working