jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's your favorite obscure anime?

1. Willsummerdreamer profile image86
    Willsummerdreamerposted 4 years ago

What's your favorite obscure anime?

Just curious. For me, its a show called "Space Runaway Ideon."

2. SomeEldarGuy profile image73
    SomeEldarGuyposted 4 years ago

I'd love to answer this if I knew where 'obscure' starts, I guess Bakemonogatari seems pretty obscure in my anime circles, so I'll go with that.

3. EJ Lambert profile image75
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

Oh man.  There is no question mine is Vandread.  Not as well known as others but a unique, compelling miniseries with great voice casting and impressive combining of hand drawn and CGI animation given it came out in 2000.

4. JohnGreasyGamer profile image86
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Originally the ones I'm gonna say were very popular at their time but nowadays they're just a cult classic (and rightfully so too). Mine were Golgo 13 and Lupin 3rd.

Golgo 13 is a great anime to watch because it doesn't require you to know any story whatsoever, and only 3 episodes have a tiny bit of lore involving his son and arch nemeses and such. He's an assassin and womaniser (which is shown in detail on the first episode!) who rarely talks and is almost featureless. His favourite weapon is the custom M16, which also serves as a sniper rifle as well as an assault rifle, which in my opinion is awesome!

Then there's Lupin 3rd, the world's greatest thief and in my opinion, one of the most charming men on the planet. He works alongside Daisuke Jegan, who can draw his sidearm within .25 seconds, and Guiomon (dunno how to spell that name, gwy-a-mon) the monk-samurai thingy. Then there's also Fujiko Mine, the love of Lupin's life, damsel in distress but also one of the most kickass women I've ever seen in the feature-length film, The Castle of Cagliostro. Lots of nudity, swearing and gunplay but still all very tasteful and you can tell it's from the 70s with its funky soundtrack and wacky animation! ^^

working