What's your zodiac sign and why do you like it so much!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 56 discussions (124 posts)
  1. M.s Fowler profile image41
    M.s Fowlerposted 13 years ago

Mines is a taurus. I like it because it is a symbol of a bull and it makes me feel as if I am tough!

1. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

mine is the ram (aries) it describes me quite closely and i think the ram is a majestic creature. now if only i could be majestic then i'd be a happy camper.

2. TerriBruner profile image57
      TerriBrunerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OH, YEA, me, too, that ever stuborn, headstrong big bull.  Gives us a right to be very strong and independent and way to capable of spitting out the "NO" word!

3. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i'm a LEO!!!
      *RAAAWWWRRR!!

I think leos are the best sun sign, in fact, its ruler is the sun. i think my sun sign lends itself to my naturally sunny, optimistic nature. we're typically generous and kind-hearted, like a benevolent ruler. hahaha
      i am pretty opinionated on the zodiac and the traits typical of each sign.

its also important to note that our sun sign is only one small aspect of our whole selves (and natal chart) and so we will all have traits from many different zodiacal signs woven throughout our personalities.

1. ilmdamaily profile image68
        ilmdamailyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woohoo - undiluted Leo here too.

It's true: Leos are the greatest and best people in the world.

Ever;)

1. Pearldiver profile image66
          Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll Oh Meow..... Get Outside.. You Dirty, Dirty Cat! lol Before you get Scorped lol

1. Scorpio21 profile image77
            Scorpio21posted 11 years agoin reply to this

yep, lol, wink being a scorpio with a leo mum is no fun either. We're total opposites.

2. Elpaso profile image61
          Elpasoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't go that far! Leos are great people.

2. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with everything you said about LEOS. WE RULE! smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
          Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm a Leo, not a ruler but more of the 'cowardly lion'. In fact, the actor in the Wizard of Oz who played the cowardly lion had the same birthdate as me.
          When I taught ESL some of my Chinese girls found out I was a Horse in the Chinese zodiac-- which seemed to invoke some awe and reverence. OK, I'll take whatever awe and reverence I can get-- they were charming, astute students.

1. profile image0
            klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm a bunny in the Chinese horoscope. tongue Lion and bunny - aren't those two opposites?! I'm very confused! hmm

2. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We Leo's are quiet and retiring as well! lol lol lol

4. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

The Astrology is only superstitious; it is not factual, in my opinion.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. Elpaso profile image61

"The Astrology is only superstitious; it is not factual, in my opinion."

Here are some facts.  The moon is a tiny rock compared to the rest of the planets and moons in our galaxy. Yet the moon has the power to pull the ocean on to our shores, and when the moon is full, crime rises due to the rise in nervous energy that the moons' influence has on us.  At the least you have to admit it's harder to go bed when the moon is full.

Now just think about all those enormous planets spinning around us.  It's just common sense that they would have some influence on us too.

I'm only concentrating on the science.  I don't know anything about predicting the future and all that superstition. I just know the planets have an effect on our personality and interaction with each other.

2. Pearldiver profile image66

What you have to understand is that there are also Opinions that are also superstitious, spam or just blatant troll ignorance!
        I don't believe the OP asked us for a declaration of our religious beliefs or how those beliefs negatively influence the subject. hmm
        Therefore it is Irrelevant to the thread isn't it? sad

Are you attempting to hyjack this thread? hmm

Why are you seeking attention in a forum that you clearly know nothing about? hmm

Are you trolling again or are you of the belief that others are likely to support your Negative input in a Positive forum? hmm

3. Jayne Lancer profile image91
        Jayne Lancerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What does this have to do with anything???

5. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love being a Taurus, --  its true I am very loyal!

AND..... A Great MoooooVer smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

a great MOVEEER? hehe, Hi PD

2. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

And the feeling of Warm BS between your toes smile

3. Prakash T profile image60
    Prakash Tposted 13 years ago

Mine is Gemini.
    Geminians are extoverts and great communicators!

4. Pearldiver profile image66

And Always Have an Excuse Up their Sleeve (the Twin Did It! smile )

1. I_Write profile image59
      I_Writeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am virgo.

A typical worry wart and a perfectionist.I can't tell you if I like it though coz I dont know what it's like to be the others.

Did you know tho with the movement of the stars etc we actualy are not our true signs.If you google it ,you will come across a website that you enter your birthdate into and it tells you your true sign based on the alignments during your birth...

1. Rafini profile image81
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're talking about a birth chart, right?  I'm still a Virgo, 7 times over.....hmm

1. Steefen profile image61
          Steefenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In Sidereal astrology you probably are not a Virgo and as you age, your Sun will progress out of Virgo.

never heard of sidereal astrology.  what is it?

okay, looked it up.  I highly doubt it's me. lol  Leo 6 times over? 
            This shows up repeatedly:  (for Leo)  This person is proud, gregarious, dramatic,  dignified, and desires self expression.

Quite honestly, I think this would fit anyone to a small degree.  But me?  As a major part of my personality? No, don't think so!  lol

I developed into a true Virgo before I knew more than:  Virgo's are critical, analytical, and perfectionistic.  Everything I've seen since, about Virgo, fits me to a T.

2. bsscorpio8 profile image61
          bsscorpio8posted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are the only two signs that understand one another.

5. Rishy Rich profile image73
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Mine is Aries. I didnt chose it, it was given to me. Aries are arrogant & reserve people. I dont think everyone likes their symbol neutral

Aries is okay mate! You just have to be a bit BaH to get on with them! lol

2. double_frick profile image60

i disagree, i believe we do choose our signs. just as we choose our parents, siblings, childhood hurts and unavoidable misfortune, also our unexpected luck and fortunate situations.

i believe we choose all things before we incarnate, in accordance with learning the lessons for our highest good and soul growth.

i see the natal chart as somewhat of a map or guide of what we sort of laid out for ourselves. which is why it is often spot on, but it is not set in stone either. we all have free will and using astrology can help us see where we can better utilize that.

sorry, i didn't mean to go off on a tangent.

i encourage anyone interested in learning more to check out astro.com since they will figure a whole natal chart for you based on your date/time/location of birth. its really fascinating. smile

3. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Im pisces, and was going to say why would I love my sign?

1. double_frick profile image60

pisces is a hard sign to love.
        har har har
        i'm a pisces moon, i can attest to this.
        too much emotion...its like drowning in sensitivity. and taking others with you.
        *sigh* zodiac steretypes...not always true but usually funny. and fun.

1. profile image0
          DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile  hard to love? ha ha ha, that explains everthing!!!

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

Sagittarius.....because it represents a free spirit for me...

http://www.zodiacsignsastrology.us/zodiac-signs-pictures/sagittarius-mythology.jpg

1. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You and I...Saggitarius
      Not a surprise.
      Long live the archer.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm another Sagittarian smile I hate the outdoors though smile

7. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Who says I like being a Virgo??  But, I can say it's the only thing I know.....

1. Prakash T profile image60
      Prakash Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My daughter is a Virgo... Great Zodiac!

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same here. The sign of the virgin sounds sweet enough.

big_smile

lol  sweet??  lol  I've only heard that once in my life regarding myself...and it was just last month!!  When it comes to me, sweet is nowhere near correct!  lol

8. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Pisces...cause I like smelling fishy roll

1. Prakash T profile image60
      Prakash Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My mom's sign

9. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 13 years ago

Actually folks - what ever sign you think you are - is wrong. Why? Becuase the Sumerians 5k years ago had Aires on the spring Equinox (rememember  the new year used to be in April)

Well - that was 5K years ago - folks, due to the precession of the earth the spring equinox is now at the cusp of Pisces and Aquarius. Remember that song "Age of Aquarius?

What to know more about precession? it's cool stuff I have a video I made that skips 56 years and you can see the precession circle @

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qab-zntCQ7Q

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh that's okay...I still like the thought of it...I'll take a look at the vid!  thanks!

2. Jewels profile image81
      Jewelsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I use the Sidereal System which takes into account the precessions.  And of course it is in line with the sky.

3. Elpaso profile image61

You're wrong! For Fifty three years, on my birthday, I stand outside and look straight up. There, directly over my head, is the three stars that represent the the uneven scales of Libra. I think I was lucky. I'm proud to be a Libra. But, my moon and other aspects are Saggitarius. So I tend to speak my mind alot more than I should.

1. Jewels profile image81

What date is your birthday?  I hope the sun is not up when you're looking up!

10. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

I am a cancer and love my sign because of the crab so when I get crabby I can use this as a reason lol

11. Jerami profile image60
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

What happens if a childs birth began on lets say the day before the sun sign changes and got caught up in the umbilical cord;   and was actually born a week later under a different sun sigh?

what day did it come out of the birth canal?

1. Jerami profile image60
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure of the date that the babor started?

August 23 ,   cord tangled around neck, labor subsided for just over week later.

silly me, but it sounds like the baby would have been strangled to death rather than born a week later.  I highly doubt doctors would have let it go for a week....

12. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Pisces.

Because all the best people were born in February.

13. starme77 profile image75
    starme77posted 13 years ago

Mine is a Crab - (cancer) they say , and I like it because it suits me just fine - I stay in my little shell - but- cross me and , well ya just might get clawed smile

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

can't agree more with you

14. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

Mine is Capricorn but I don't like that sign really...I prefer my children's signs, Gemini and Pisces and they are typical of them as well.

Though I have a book which tells you ALL the positions of the zodiac when you are born - moon, sun, mars, mercury, venus etc, You should also know your rising sign. I don't think a true analysis is possible without going a bit deeper.

15. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I'm on the cusp of Taurus and Gemini, but I favor the Gemini personality more.  Avatar says it all.

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am a Scorpio...

that means I am passionate, can never be defeated and have very big private parts.

I am also humble

1. Polly C profile image90
        Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And sometimes dark, with a sting in the tail, ready to attack every now and again...

I'm only(half) joking, my other half is a scorpio as well smile

1. Greek One profile image64
          Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you are a lucky, lucky lady!

smile

2. bsscorpio8 profile image61

Well alright!!!!

16. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

Sagittarius

Sign fits me well- love freedom, the outdoors and travel.Have a short fuse,can be quite blunt. Restless and don't like routine.

17. AdoniA_81_tx profile image60
    AdoniA_81_txposted 13 years ago

im drifting away in the piscean seas of eternity, my tide forever turns in the ocean of love~

18. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I'm a goat!  I'll eat anything
    http://www.marshu.com/articles/images-website/articles/americas-next-top-model/antm-americas-next-top-model-4-naima/america-next-top-model-naima-capricorn-closeup.jpg

19. profile image62
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

My sign is "Danger"!  And I love it! smile

20. FuzzyCookie profile image74
    FuzzyCookieposted 13 years ago

I am an aquarian and I love my sunsign because the waterbearer means the person who spreads knowledge and helps people. IDK if i am that helpful but yeah i love my sunsign cuz aquarians are free, they want to have wings they need to fly and they are crazy and stupid, cheerful and all goody good.. ah narcissism yikes neutral

21. Beelzedad profile image59
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

My sign is:

Please. Don't. Stop.

1. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You and the Greek with the big weenie....
      tongue

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  ....hey, I see you are Sag. too!  we're part of the 1/12th of the population!...see you at the November/December meeting....

22. H.C Porter profile image79
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

Im a Scorpio and when paired up with my birth year- I am a 'Mystery Lover'. I am a great lover-but sting back when scorn- I am intelligent and passionate and although hard headed-will fight for the ones I love... As difficult as it may be to get along with and be understood by others (at times) I believe the sign has great power and intrigues others.

1. bsscorpio8 profile image61

OH yea!!!!

23. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Astrology? lol

What's your zodiac sign and why do you like it so much?

My sign is Libra.

Why do you like it so much? I have no opinion about it. That is for those who bother with Astrology, for whatever reason. wink

1. trish1048 profile image66
      trish1048posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a Libra too!  Scales of justice, lover of beauty, sensual., compassionate, passionate, and romantic.  I love my sign smile

My brother, mother, daughter and best friend, and a host of others are all Libra.  I am surrounded by them smile

My late hubby was Leo and my son is Taurus.

24. Info Bucket profile image64
    Info Bucketposted 13 years ago

Mine is LIbra, just as Cagsil.

25. Italmeansumthin profile image61
    Italmeansumthinposted 13 years ago

I'm a Taurus. I love it because it defines my stubbornness, but honestly, I'd prefer to be any other sign. This one just doesn't fit me very well.

26. McConnell Group profile image69
    McConnell Groupposted 13 years ago

Scorpio here

and taken from a little book about my sign given to me as a gift " when Scorpio is cynical about human nature, it believes it is being realistic.this realim is also the source of compassion"

And we're passionate ; )

1. bsscorpio8 profile image61

Love it!!! Love it!!! As a matter of fact, I love it so much, I am passionate about it!!!

27. Pearldiver profile image66

Hi Jewels.... good you kicked that Buttinski in the Rectal region. smile

There's always an expert when you don't need them yeah? hmm

I am a Dragon smile

I am ALWAYS invited to parties smile

When they need to roast their mashmellows sad

So Then........

I just sting them to death with my Scorpio thing.... ( I think Daniel called it a Big Weanie lol )
    So yeah... Doublely passionate Scorp... good with Mashmellows hmm

And you'd get to see the stars easily in NZ.  Have you seen the constellation Scorpio in the night sky?  It's huge.  The red star within it is Antares.  You may have to wait till Oct/Nov to see it at a decent hour at night.  Worth finding.

You can roast marshmellows while trying to find it if you like! smile

28. Pearldiver profile image66

Our skies here are pretty clear all right and we see lots of 'shooting stars' and space junk. But no I haven't looked for  that constellation since I was young and knew most of the stars. Living on an island in the Gulf that was pretty much all we could do as kids at night, between the nights of FogHorn Duty! smile

29. Nellieanna profile image69
    Nellieannaposted 13 years ago

I'm Aquarius - the water giver.  Humanitarian, futuristic, stubborn (yeah - one of the "fixed" signs).  Gemini rising, hence the love of writing & communicating, as well as being asymmetric and multi-faceted.  Sagittarius moon, hence quick and sometimes undiplomatic.  Lots of Capricorn in places that matter, hence practical but ponderous at times.  A few other influences, including Aquarius Mars and Pisces Venus.  I don't believe in this stuff at all though.  ;-) But it is most interesting, she says in Aquarian fashion.

30. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 13 years ago

I am a very typical Gemini. I think this is what keeps my life from ever being boring; I want to be and do EVERYTHING. This leaves me a jack of all trades and master of none.

31. Teresa McGurk profile image60
    Teresa McGurkposted 13 years ago

. . . and. . .

. . . sidereal               precessions. . .                            . . .            and wha?

well???

am I pisces or not?

Possibly not Teresa.  Glad you had the curiosity to ask.  If you want to know - tell me your DOB and place and I'll let you know.  DOB is enough actually.  PM is fine.  If you want the whole chart I need your time and place of birth.

I was Gemini under the Tropical system, but it didn't fit properly.  Most people are not a one size fits all proposition!  But I'm actually really truly a Taurus as far as a Sun Sign goes.   Glad  I learned a bit of astronomy and learned Sidereal.

1. Teresa McGurk profile image60
        Teresa McGurkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool!  I'll go email. . . .
        (sidereally)(the email will bounce around out there in the big black, swerving towards constellations, but shying away again, before landing in your mailbox).
        Thanks!

smile, received.  It didn't fall through a black hole.  And I'll leave it to you to make the announcement.

32. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I am aquarius......

33. Cheesecake90 profile image56
    Cheesecake90posted 13 years ago

I am an aquarius...intelligent, freedom-loving, imaginative, with an offbeat sense of attractiveness.

I like my sign, but sometimes it seems that we tend to think in absolute terms, and that works against most aquarians because we're so stubborn.

Also, it's kind of unfortunate that my mom's a Cancer, which means that we bump heads a lot...argh...

Would've been nice to have been born a Libra : )

34. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Me, I'm a very patient, grounded, but too often stubborn bull.

Oh F.... So It's Not True That Bulls Sniff Flowers? hmm

And it's not true Scorpians are always good in bed!  but there are probably worse.

C'Mon Ferdinand...

Why Are you Directing that At Me? yikes
          I didn't say a word about bed lol

Sheesh... Must of been the stare hmm
          Or the way my tail was pointing hmm

BTW..... There Are a Very High Number of Scorpio Vets.. You can tell them though. (they have very long (gloved) arms) smile

Some of us Scorps are Very God in Bed.... The Others... Well Maybe You Got a Vet huh? lol

Not at you, just sayin!  lol

I know a few vets. Are you a vet?  Or just into bulls?

Wouldn't Moo Like to Know roll

lol

35. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

LOL. Well, us bulls are known for working too hard.
    But for myself, I can say I do take time to stop and smell the roses:-)

As do I MM.  Venus is the ruler of Taurus - so roses are a must.

36. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 13 years ago

What gave y'all the idea I like it so much?  lol

37. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Aries.

38. mythbuster profile image70
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

On the cusp, Taurus and Gemini...

Twin, stubborn but chaotic bulls.

What's not to like?

lol

39. Nick B profile image79
    Nick Bposted 13 years ago

I'm Saggy.

I speak my mind, more often than I ought and am far too direct. It's not that I like being a Saggy, I had no say in the matter, but it's better than nothing.

40. vedicguru profile image59
    vedicguruposted 13 years ago

I AM ARIES .

41. bsscorpio8 profile image61
    bsscorpio8posted 13 years ago

SCORPIO!!! Because it is the most powerful sign in the zodiac!!!!

The above space is reserved for commentary by none other than the illustrious Pearldiver. Thankuvermuch.

42. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Cancer with a Capricorn rising the moon in Aquarius all of which come together to make me a delicious mixture of emotional contradictions…  LOL!

43. profile image0
    Uma07posted 13 years ago

I am an Arian.I just happened to read this:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Sunsigns-and-Ap … ies-People

44. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I'm a Scorpio. I like the sign because they say Scorpios are independent thinkers and loyal yet loners who are not prone to make attachments to people. It's a pretty good description of who I am. I'm not crazy about the part where we have obsessive personalities, but I believe that's true of me and most Scorpios I've run across.

45. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

don't forget the part about the big penises!

1. mareezy13 profile image61
      mareezy13posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm a Gemini.  I follow my sign to the hilt.  I have a good twin and an evil fun twin...I am also a great communicator and can easily adapt to new situations.  I enjoy being a Gemini, mostly because my birthday is in June and it's usually warm  smile

1. Jerami profile image60
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A Gemenui can walk through a door way with a smile and all the happy feelings that go with it and ....  as they exit that open doorway, ....   be are really "Teeeed" off as they exit.

At least the ones that I have known.

"What did I do?"   I be wondering.

2. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, of course. I never forget that. smile

46. Greg Sage profile image41
    Greg Sageposted 12 years ago

Cancer... and year of the rat.

I think I'm gettin' screwed here.

47. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 12 years ago

Pisces personally

To be honest i'm a believer more in science so don't believe my zodiac impacts on my being

48. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

Scorpio, and I did not get a choice of a sign, weither I like it or not, its what I got. Could not pick my Birth date.

1. Greg Sage profile image41
      Greg Sageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just try harder next time.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

guess so   smile

49. profile image0
    Valemanposted 12 years ago

Gemini, although I don't believe in astrology.  I was born six weeks early, so if astrology is to be believed, I should not have been a Gemini at all.  Also, as I share the same birthday as Joan Collins, by rights I should have the same life as her.  Yet I don't own houses all over the world or have an acting career.  And unlike Joan who is approaching 80, yet looks 40, I am approaching 40, but look 80.

50. Jerami profile image60
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

I was born a Virgo, but I was born way late,  Cord wrapped around my neck sloowed down the process a bit.

Should a been a Leo.    I think I have both traits is that is possible.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)