Top 5 worst films of 2009

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (65 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

This is served to be kind of the opposite of what some other guy posted as a forum topic.  Where in this thread, I'm ask you to list your top 5 worst films you've seen this year.  here, i'll start.

5. Orphan
    4. 2012
    3. G.I. Joe:  Rise of Cobra
    2. The Twilight Saga:  New Moon
    1. Transformers:  Revenge of the Fallen

1. First Aid Doc profile image59
      First Aid Docposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1. 2012 - yah, me too
      2. Shrek 2 - stop laughing )))
      3. The Da Vinci Code - stinkaroo
      4. The Mist - the same
      5. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Why did noboby tell me it is a tale for kids?

1. jellydonut25 profile image60
        jellydonut25posted 14 years agoin reply to this

davinci code, mist, prince caspian...not 2009...

besides which, the mist is one of the best horror films (if not THE best) of the decade

1. First Aid Doc profile image59
          First Aid Docposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Stevennix2001 asked about "5 worst films you've SEEN this year", but not about films produced this year.

Mist has auful absurd final and very many other extravagances and discrepancies. It is also plain, standard and full of cliches.

2. sparksfiend profile image72
        sparksfiendposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you mean Shrek 3? I thought 2 was alright... 3 was definitely pretty bad.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i thought that MamaMia was pretty awful.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Note to Pierce Brosnan: please, please, PUHLEEEZE do not attempt to ever sing again!!! Ick poo.

Another stinker: "All About Steve". The other movie that Sandra Bullock did last year. What a complete waste of everything.

Oh yeah, I walked out of "Bruno" and despite all the hype and the fact I'll probably get hate mail over this, "Avatar" was a total loser film to me. Effects good, script predictable and awful. We sat and told each other what the next line would be before it was said and were right most of the time. It made for annoying comedy, much to the chagrin of those around us--hence, better to leave. Pathetic.

3. bozzie123 profile image60
      bozzie123posted 14 years agoin reply to this

some terrible films there, but where is terminator salvation, that film was shit !

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

your right, that film was bad, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the ones i listed though.  at least terminator salvation is palatable to where i wouldn't mind watching it again if i HAD to.  where as those other films, i'd rather gauge out my eyes before seeing those.  tongue

4. sunforged profile image74
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see a lot of movies, being a torrent fan and all.

Two of these, I saw in the theaters.

I enjoyed GI Joe, fun brainless action flick, good visuals - great to see on the big screen - nowhere near being the worst of the year

Fell asleep the first time for Transformers 2, dont think i ever have fallen asleep in the theater before that, Trans2 def makes my list for worst movies of 2009

Street Fighter 2 - terrible! (as expected)

Dragonball (terrible, but maybe successful in being a campy live action version of the cartoon)

The goods was not terrible - if you like Pivens; character as Ari Gold on entourage you would def appreciate The goods - the homeless dj who wont take requests! - hilarious

observe and report - very disappointing

I stole someone elses list

2009's Worst Films

1. Miss March
      2. The Unborn
      3. Jennifer’s Body
      4. The Room
      5. Paul Blart: Mall Cop
      6. He’s Just Not That Into You
      7. Push
      8. Confessions of a Shopaholic
      9. Watchmen  (disagree)
      10. Knowing
      11. Observe and Report
      12. Fighting
      13. Obsessed
      14. Angels and Demons
      15. Year One
      16. I Love You Beth Cooper
      17. Orphan
      18. The Ugly Truth
      19. The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard (disagree)
      20. Spread (disagree)
      21. The Final Destination
      22. All About Steve
      23. Sorority Row
      24. Love Happens
      25. Couples Retreat

1. theageofcake profile image60
        theageofcakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Watchmen definitely wasn't the worst film of the year, but it was easily the most disappointing (though realistically I should have expected an all-style-no-substance adaptation from Zack Snyder). 

I really gotta see Miss March.  Whitest Kids U Know is one of the funniest sketch comedy shows of the moment, so I think if this movie is as terrible as people say it was probably by design on the part of its creators.

2. EngagementRing profile image64
        EngagementRingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more with your selection. They were all craptastic!

3. brimancandy profile image79
        brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Watchmen was terrible. I thought it was going to be a movie about superheros, but there was nothing super about these losers. Nothing but a bunch of costumed thrill seekers. The Blue guy was the only one who remotely made sense, and the guy who was killed at the beginning of the movie was a total jack ass. I'm glad he died.

Another thing that I felt jipped on was the inkblot guy. I knew who he was before his identity was revealed. Another really stupid scene was the scene where one of the hero's is in prison, and a guy wants to kill him, so he has one of his goons strangle him through the cell bars. But, our lame hero gets ahold of the guys arms and ties them, and, the most idotic thing happens. Instead of cutting through the bars to get at the hero, they cut the tied guys arms off....what the hell was the point of that!!! Fricken Stupid.

All I can say about it, is I wanted my money back after seeing it, that and Cloverfield, one of the most over hyped movie ever. Total Crap!

5. june of ages profile image61
      june of agesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure I could name five.  The titles of bad movies leave my brain pretty quickly.  This actually is a bad thing as I have often rented bad movies I had already seen at the theater.  Ok here goes:
      1.Da Vinci Code was very disappointing as I loved the book.
      2. Angels and Demons---see above
      3. Semi-pro---very sad as Will F. rocks my world usually

Um, that's it.  I saw a lot of movies in 2009 and a fair number of bad movies but I really can't even remember them or the titles

6. songbyrd100 profile image60
      songbyrd100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree w/ #1- couldn't even finish watching it. So boring!

1. sooner than later profile image59
        sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Orphan was terrible. Played best by Angelina the nut job anyway.

7. CindyNiwman profile image60
      CindyNiwmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didnot see Orphan

2. jellydonut25 profile image60
    jellydonut25posted 14 years ago

Since I can ONLY go with movies I've actually seen (Twilight looks like one of the worst films ever made but I have not seen it) here's my list:

5.) Transformers - It's nowhere near as bad as many "elitists" (and I hate using that word almost as much as I hate using the word "fanboy") would want you to believe, but it's still a bad, bad movie
    4.) Knowing - a movie that I almost turned off...and i NEVER do that (i sat through all of ThanXgiving for heaven's sake!)
    3.) Paul Blart: Mall Cop - I'm sorry, was I supposed to be laughing? at all?
    2.) Wolverine - tedious and boring and not much of an 'origin' story at all, sure we get to see him get plated with adamantium, but there's a little thing called CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT that is nowhere to be seen in this movie, everyone is the same person they were from minute 1 to the end...
    1.) 2012 - I'd rather punch Roland Emmerich in the face than ever look at another one of his films...i can't believe i let myself get dragged to see this, but i had my ticket paid for...i've hated emmerich since 1998 and i still loathe his films

Dishonorable mentions: The Ugly Truth (i thought this movie was LONG and it was only like 90 minutes...), Friday the 13th (it wasn't TERRIBLE but i found it monumentally DULL and nowhere near as fun as I was hoping)
    A couple I've heard were AWFUL but haven't seen yet: Street Fighter, Dragonball, Land of the Lost, Halloween 2 (i heard so many bad reviews that i didn't see it despite actually wanting to when i first heard about it), saw VI (i'd rather saw my own foot off than watch another saw film)

3. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

paul blart mall cop was horrible.
    pinapple express
    lakeview terrace
    semi pro
    land of the lost

clearly i didn't see these in the theatre. DVD's that were very disappointing to my tastes

1. brimancandy profile image79

I saw 3 of the movies on your list, and I didn't think they were that bad. I actually liked Mall Cop, although I thought some of the acrobatics the criminals were doing in the mall was a bit of over kill. But, the rest of the movie was alright, and kind of fun at points.

I also liked Land of the Lost. I liked it, mainly because everything about it was so unexpected, and different. That and Will Ferril (If I spelled his name right) was actually pretty funny. There were so many levels of weirdness that I really liked it. But, I went into it thinking that it was going to suck, and it didn't.

I also thought Semi Pro was ok. But, it wasn't great.

I did not like "The Goods." It was like a your mamma swear fest the entire movie, and I hated it. Worse than Meet the Spartans.

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thank you, Cosette! I thought I was the only female on the planet who didn't drool over Mama Mia!

I didn't like Mama Mia either. Hairspray was a million times better.

5. Megavitamin profile image70
    Megavitaminposted 14 years ago

The first three that come to mind off the bat are: 

Transformers 2 (the "love" storyline was gag-worthy and laughable at the same time.  My eyeballs almost rolled out of my head). 

The Ugly Truth not nearly as funny as it thought it was, and definitely not original

Love Happens disjointed mess that didn't make much sense, and characters I really couldn't have given a crap about

Also, I thought The Hangover was severely overrated. Hmmm.

6. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Aww I thought the hangover was great.

Paul Blart and Knowing were both terrible.

Transformers was pretty bad.

Never saw GI Joe or Twilight, although they both looked terrible.

Anyways, here's my list.

1. 2012
    2. 2012
    3. 2012
    4. 2012
    5. 2012

I mean, how many REALLY REALLY REALLY close calls can they put in one movie?  Suspense isn't suspenseful if it is common.

Stupid.

1. An Archigirl profile image59
      An Archigirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly! has the world learnt nothing from Y2K?....

7. Megavitamin profile image70
    Megavitaminposted 14 years ago

Oh yeah, and The Goods was terrible as well.

brimancandyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. I watched about 20 minutes of "the Goods". That movie should have been called "The asses of who gives a S##T." I thought "Borat" was bad. This movie was just one big sex joke after another, it was too repulsive for me to edure anymore of it. So, we switched to "Meet the Spartans." Which had equally repulsive moments. But, at least it was funny.

But, no movie was as stupid, and enraged me more than "Borat." probably one of the most over-rated crapfests I have ever seen in my life. The Critics LOVED this movie, I would like to know how much they are getting paid to say that, because it was just pointless wondering crap.

I would like to know how and why studios put out this stuff.
      I think there should be a place we can go to to ask the studios for a re-traction and refund for films like these. Horrible!

says the guy who thought "Meet the Spartans" was funny...
        anytime a movie (like Borat) bucks the conventions of filmmaking, it's going to get praised. Borat not only is filmed in unconventional style, but exposes a lot of issues in America (such as the cowboy who wouldn't kiss Borat because it was gay and then said he should shave off the terrorist mustache!) as well as just being plain FUNNY...
        Meet the Spartans, meanwhile, is formulaic TRASH meant to do NOTHING other than cash in a movie as cheaply as possible crammed with as many horrid jokes in 90 minutes as possible...

That's like saying, "I enjoyed The Jonas Brothers Movie but thought The Wrestler was stupid" which is all well and good (that's your opinion) but when you start insinuating that people get paid off to give certain movies praise and other movies poor reviews, you're blurring the line between your OPINION (that Spartans was good and Borat was not) and FACT (that Borat was DIFFERENT if nothing else and Spartans is made under a pre-existing formula)

I agree.  Borat was definitely one of the best comedies of the decade.  Now Bruno, on the other hand - not so much.  It had its moments, but was not nearly as inspired as its predecessor.

2. brimancandy profile image79
          brimancandyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So, You're saying that Borat was good just because it didn't follow conventional movie making techniques? Not because it was a good story? Or was fun to watch, or at least enjoyable? Even though it was none of those things?

I rate a movie based on wether or not I like it, not a bunch of "outside the box thinking." If you were going to do that you would probably give movie's like "Jack Ass." a golden medal
          because those movies were garbage as well. No point to them whatsoever.

I got an idea, lets dress a guy up as a mouse and have him roll around in mousetraps, put crabs in guys underwear, and have someone shoot bottle rockets out of their buthole.

Sound like great movie making to you? Just curious.

I'm going to eat my words here. I watched both Borat and Meet the Spartans recently, and I actually thought Borat wasn't that bad. There was still some stuff about it that kind of pissed me off, but over all it was ok. However, after watching Meet the Spartens a second time...I don't know what I was thinking. It's really bad. Not very funny the second time.

I also Bruno, and if you take all the gay sex jokes out of it, it's really not a horrible movie. I couldn't pronounce that actors name, but, i think this guy is very brave to trash the hell out of anything and everything. I went back and watched the two movies again, and they really make you think about life and what a bunch of assholes we are. He only tells it like it is.

8. NaomiR profile image72
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

My vote is for Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I watahced on the plane ... Man, that was awful!

I loved Orphan and 2012 (for them being campy goodness, not because they were great). What does this say about me?!

9. bat115 profile image79
    bat115posted 14 years ago

Does the Day The Earth Stood Still remake count as this year or 2008?

10. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Transformers 2 sucked ballz.

11. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

There are soooo many to pick from, it is hard to find a good one. smile

12. bat115 profile image79
    bat115posted 14 years ago

2012 was not that bad. Hopefully it will stay a fitting close to the trilogy. It was like they realized they could not top 2001 but they knew they maybe could improve on 2010.

unless there's something in the movie itself to indicate otherwise, I didn't think 2001 and 2010 had ANYTHING to do with 2012...

1. bat115 profile image79
        bat115posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I forgot about writing that... heh. yeah, It was just a bad joke. I definitely know it had nothing to do with the Kubrick & Hyams classics.

13. cherryb23 profile image60
    cherryb23posted 14 years ago

1. Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li
    2. Dragonball
    3. 2012
    4. Transformers 2
    5. Unborn

14. torimari profile image69
    torimariposted 14 years ago

How could you say Orphan was bad? Considering all the American, crappy horror films that was damn good.

15. apricotmousse profile image57
    apricotmousseposted 14 years ago

5-2012
    4-2012
    3-2012
    2-2012
    1-2012

16. uliveulearn profile image68
    uliveulearnposted 14 years ago

Can't give a list of five as my eyes hurt.  Just wasted 2.5 hours of my time watching Inglourious Basterds and trying to read all the captions.  Should have trusted my instincts and shut it off at the beginning.

1. H.D.Cyr profile image60
      H.D.Cyrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope this doesn't sound rude, but Inglorious Bastards was filmed in English. Perhaps you did not turn it to the English version. I only bring this up because a gentleman my husband worked with had the same issue.

Seriously, if you watched it in English it would have been so much better. I thought it was great.

2. jellydonut25 profile image60

reading all the captions??? you do speak English as your first language right??? only a fraction of the movie is subtitled

17. Andy Webb profile image66
    Andy Webbposted 14 years ago

For me it's the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, I can pick it becuase it didn't get released till 2009 here in the UK lol. It was the movie which disappointed me the most and became repetitive.

18. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

My Bloody Valentine 3D
    The Unborn
    The Uninvited
    GI Joe
    Duplicity

19. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

1. 2012- I'm getting tired of movies with 40 near death experiences and kids being raised by another daddy that won't call the real daddy daddy.
    2. Transformers- bad for me as well. I didn't realize the movie was a photo shoot for 'fox' and I just don't see her painting ghost flames on choppers, sorry.
    3. Mall Cop- all the funny parts were in the previews and even they were bad.
    4. knocked up- I want that part of my life back.
    5. The family stone- this should be my #1 pick for the worst that I saw this year. I really don't have enough bad to say about it.

20. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

I don't watch many movies

These are the movies I watched in 2009 and did not like them.

The Final Destination (Same ole same ole)
    The Da Vinci Code (A lot of incorrect info)
    Hard Candy (really stupid)
    Unborn

Whatchu talkin' bout?  Hard Candy was really good.

21. apricot profile image65
    apricotposted 14 years ago

Mamma Mia - it might have been a 2008 film but whenever it was I couldn't sit through it despite it having all the ingredients for my favourite film. 

Dorian Grey - I wasn't that keen on it though I couldn't really say it was bad.

Anything adapted from a Dan Brown book, with 'shopping' or 'ex' in the title I avoided otherwise my list might be longer.

22. profile image53
    mdricharsonposted 14 years ago

To narrow the worst films that ended the decade to five is a mighty push. However here are my top 3 that i regrettably paid at the box office for:

Transformers 2 [Revenge of the Fallen]

A load of gigantic mechanical ball clanging and not enough of anything else. While i found the first entertaining, i feel in retrospect that the film was like a taxi fleeing as you stumble from a nightclub at 3AM, you are too dazed and halfway down the street before your first abusive ramblings surface.

The Day After The Day Before But Not Today, Or is it? Life as we know it is on the brink, again. 2012 embraces it's predecessors as it jumps from one devastating event to the next, with all the mediocrity in plot and real human interest as one should expect from these formulaic regurgitations.   

Night At The Museum 2

A night to forget, and hopefully never revisit. Bigger and Duller, Night At The Museum 2 see's us move to a new museum and a new lisping villain with all the evil tendencies of a kitten. I have not walked out on a film before, but like Shrek The Turd which continues to bring the Irish in me out, it tried my patience. Unfortunately while movies like this continue turning over $260,000,000 after the production costs i am sure more monkey slapping 'fun' is to be had by all.

23. bozzie123 profile image60
    bozzie123posted 14 years ago

terminator salvation was shit !

24. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

"The Killer Tomatoes" ooops wrong year.!!!
    http://gourmetmomma.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/tomato2.jpg

25. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

Ok. for those of you who liked Borat. tell me if you remember this scene. Which was absolutely pathetic and predictable.

Borat walks into the hotel room where he sees his compamnion wacking off to pictures of Pamela Anderson. A naked fight ensues, and where does end up? In a ball room full of people.

That gag is sold and predictable, I knew they were going there before it happened. It was a wondering, insulting crapfest. You could watch reruns of Benny Hill, and see the same thing.

The only time I thought that Borat was funny was during the first 15 mintues, while he was still in his country. As soon as he came to america, it was just one stupid gag after another.
    I might have laughed once during the entire movie.

Meet the Spartans was also pretty bad, but at least it made me laugh. Borat just made me want a refund.

26. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

The Ugly Truth and The Accidental Husband down there.

27. mkrobb profile image60
    mkrobbposted 14 years ago

These aren't the most terrible movies, because most of what are considered the worst I haven't seen, but these are the most disappointing.

1. Year One - not as bad as I thought it would be, but considering it from from Harold Ramis, it should have been better.

2. The Men Who Stared at Goats - great premise, great commercials, but pretty pointless.

3. Watchmen - Not a horrible movie, but the opening credits promised something amazing and it ended up being good in the first half and only okay in the second.

4. Paranormal Activity - Maybe it was built up too much, but it barely had a plot and was creepy, but definitely not scary.

5. Public Enemies - Usually amazing cast, Usually amazing director, but amazingly bland movie.

28. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I thought 2012 was alright it had lots of unbelievable shit in it but do you really think porn stars fuck for hours?

29. Fresh_Flower profile image60
    Fresh_Flowerposted 14 years ago

Benjamin Button is one of the worst movies i've ever seen (maybe the movie wasen't released this year but it clearly sucked).

You haven't seen very many bad movies if Benjamin Button is one of the worst you've ever seen...

it's definitely too long and slow moving but there are WAY worse movies out there...at least Benjamin Button is well-made even if that old-lady's voice made me want to put the film on mute

30. J. Gordon profile image57
    J. Gordonposted 14 years ago

G.I. Joe - worst movie of 2009 for me because it was the most disappointing.

GI Joe was ALMOST so bad that it was good...almost...

31. wrypatch profile image61
    wrypatchposted 14 years ago

Worst from 2009

1. Transformers 2. Someone already said it, but that was a stinker.
    2. Shutter. Didn't get through this trite POS.
    3. Bruno. I like Borat, but this was epic fail.
    4. Fighting. This was pretty much a copycat of "Lionheart"

1. Alya rose profile image59
      Alya roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1.I didn't like transformers either
      2.The twilight movies are really annoying
      3.Orphan
      4.paranormal activity was a completely stupid
      5.Avatar......not 2009 but I couldn't remember anything else.

32. hoodieweather profile image61
    hoodieweatherposted 13 years ago

Paranormal Activity was absolutely horrible. sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)