jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What challenges have you faced when leading or being in a choir?

1. midget38 profile image89
    midget38posted 4 years ago

What challenges have you faced when leading or being in a choir?

2. MichaelJohnMele profile image73
    MichaelJohnMeleposted 4 years ago

For me, the biggest challenge I faced being in a choir was singing, I sound like a drunk cat with laryngitis.

3. Theater girl profile image76
    Theater girlposted 4 years ago

Singing in choirs and community theater productions is something that I have done since I was very young. And I am not sure if this qualifies....but my brother and I used to sing together in the same productions. I am an alto, and he a tenor. So, the biggest challenge was being down the register and my brother having a higher voice then I do! I sang with the men sometimes!

4. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 4 years ago

Trying to memorize the words and follow the harmony.  It is fun being in a choir, but lots of work. My cousin was the leader and she did a fantastic job of getting us all together on short notice for a special performance.

5. jenslibra profile image61
    jenslibraposted 4 years ago

I was in choir throughout high school and in college because I majored in music.  I realized my biggest challenge as an undergrad when the choir director singled me out and said my sound wasn't blending with the timbre of the rest of the choir.  I hadn't been told that before and wasn't sure how to fix it.  From then on though I became more conscious of the voices of those around me instead of just my own.

working