jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Are ugly people more beautiful than people with perfect features

1. definitions profile image61
    definitionsposted 4 years ago

Are ugly people more beautiful than people with perfect features

I have noticed a trend towards a less photogenic look and more emphasis on personality and character.  Traditionally this may have been branded ugly but I pose the question: is ugly the new beautiful?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8323860_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Both physical ugliness and beauty are in the eye of the beholder. What one person sees as ugly, another will see as beauty. And then there are people who tend to believe the various media outlets and designate a person as beautiful because they fit the mold of what the so-called experts tell them is beautiful. Are the pictures you posted supposed to be of ugly people or beautiful people? I would label them both as average - but that's me. Whether a person is physically attractive to me or not, I'd rather be around the people who have great personalities and character.

1. xanzacow profile image70
      xanzacowposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I was going to say something similar, but you said it so well, I won't. I totally agree.

2. definitions profile image61
      definitionsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree, it is subjective and the media sets such an unrealistic standard.  Thank you for commenting, sheilamyers smile

3. TJenkins602 profile image59
    TJenkins602posted 4 years ago

I would hope that people are just expanding on what they find "beautiful". In other words, people are seeing beauty in a wider range of traits and features.

Like another poster said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

4. auspicious12day profile image61
    auspicious12dayposted 4 years ago

Some faces are interesting because they have character. Personality can show through features that are not perfect. You can be intrigued by someone who is different looking.  A smile can make an average face light up with beauty.

working