jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Do you regularly listen to the music you enjoyed in your 20s?

1. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Do you regularly listen to the music you enjoyed in your 20s?

Have you retained your youthful taste in music or is it saved for the occasional walk down Memory Lane?

2. johnsonrallen profile image92
    johnsonrallenposted 4 years ago

I personally feel like I started discovering good music in my 20's, as I started listening to some of the foundations of rock music. My 20's were the period where I cut the "radio hits" cord and set off on another better path.

cat on a soapboxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Once you listen to the foundations of rock, it adds a whole new perspective and appreciation for music. I love to listen for those elements and the way artists use and combine them in creative ways. Thanks for commenting.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I still listen to the same bands I grew up on in the 80s and early 90s. By the mid 1990s it was clear that the music scene was moving on without me, but I'm fine with that.

Good point. I still find some surprises in with a lot of tiresome rehash and plain awful stuff that barely qualifies as music. I try to keep an open mind and an ear out there even though my playlist is mostly classic rock and R&B.
      Thanks!

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Yes, I love it. It is, and will always be my favorite type of music. It is very nostalgic to listen to the tunes of youth.

I think most of us will agree with you. We all love to remember those great times!  Listening and singing along always make me smile. My husband and I really share a strong music connection. Thanks for chiming in. smile

5. Thief12 profile image91
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

Oh yeah, it doesn't matter how many new great bands and singers I discover, I go back a lot to my old favorites.

I'm with you!  Music defines those carefree times of our lives, and there's nothing like cranking it up and feeling good!

working