jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are there any movies you watch every Halloween?

1. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image87
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years ago

Are there any movies you watch every Halloween?

Everyone always talks about watching certain Christmas movies every year. But what about Halloween? There are so many horror films out there, some specifically connected to Halloween. Are there any you watch annually?

Every year, my family watches "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" (technically not a movie, but whatever!). We also tend to watch the great horror comedies of Mel Brooks: "Young Frankenstein" and "Dracula, Dead and Loving It".

By myself, I'll revisit old favorites such as the Universal monsters, "The Body Snatcher", "Comedy of Terrors", lots of Dracula, et al

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I have to watch at least one of the "Halloween" film series during the month of October. Fortunately American Movie Classics usually runs them into the ground most of the month, so I don't have to go out of my way to look for one. Haha

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

The Nightmare Before Christmas (my fav)
    Coraline, Corpse Bride all of those

We also love the scary stories and good thrillers and try to find new ones to watch. I am not a fan of gore, but I love suspense/scary stuff. 

Then of course for the little guy we watch the Garfield and Charlie Brown ones.

I love Beetlejuice and Hocus Pocus too.

There are so many to choose from smile

1. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image87
      LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't like the gore either.

4. Heather Says profile image98
    Heather Saysposted 4 years ago

I make time to watch *at least* the Charlie Brown Special.  After that, I also enjoy the Universal Monster movie classics-- Dracula, Frankenstein, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Mummy, The Wolfman, etc.

Closed to reply