jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Can you laugh at yourself?

1. Laura Schneider profile image90
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

Can you laugh at yourself?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Oh absolutely.  I learned a long time ago to let go of the sensitive nature I had in order to come out of my shell.  Sometimes I do the dumbest things and laugh at myself out loud.   That's really funny because no one knows what I'm laughing at until I tell them!  LOL

Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have a harder time laughing at myself, but I'm getting better at it the older I get. :-) I think it's fantastic that you laugh at yourself all the time. :-) I wish I didn't take life so seriously; I'm working at it though. Someday I'll get there.

3. Kevina Oyatedor profile image68
    Kevina Oyatedorposted 4 years ago

Yes. I have flaws and I am clumsy. I like laughing at myself to lighten my mood and not take myself seriously all the time.

Good for you! I have a long way to go before I reach your level of achievement, but I'm trying really hard. I even wrote a Hub "laughing" at some of my more famous mishaps. :-) Of course, they were long in the past... it's easier to laugh later on.

4. snapbackbetty profile image69
    snapbackbettyposted 4 years ago

Yes! I do all the time. I think it actually makes you a better person when you can see that you mess up some times and are able to move on and use certain experiences later on in life.

5. brianjonesfrancis profile image60
    brianjonesfrancisposted 4 years ago

Oh yes, I am a walking comedy show. I laugh with myself constantly, sometimes even over things that happened years ago.

Haha! A venerable talent, my friend: the ability to laugh at oneself. I have an easier time laughing at things that happened years ago, but I'm working on laughing "in the moment" at myself. :-) Cheers!

6. Stickypony profile image76
    Stickyponyposted 4 years ago

Yes I can, I'm quite a silly person, so I have to smile

I'm sure that you're silly only in the best of all possible ways, Stickypony. I'm quite a silly person in all ways, but I can't always laugh at myself: something I'm working on, to be sure. Thanks for commenting! Cheers!

working