Do you see the humor in life? Do you laugh a lot?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Jynzly profile image63
    Jynzlyposted 11 years ago

Do you see the humor in life? Do you laugh a lot?

"Laughter is the best medicine" do you agree? why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7298276_f260.jpg

2. HarmonyLinn profile image61
    HarmonyLinnposted 11 years ago

Absolutely!  I laugh all of the time, which can be bad because I am a cackler.  I will joke with anyone unless they have no sense of humor, which freaks me out.  I also tend to laugh at inappropriate times because of the way that someone said something.  When that happens, I have to explain that it wasn't what was said--sometimes it is all in the delivery.  If you can't laugh at the screwed up stuff in life, then I don't think that you can be truly happy.

Great question!

Jynzlyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HarmonyLinn, am smiling while reading your answer; I can't imagine myself not laughing in a day whether being with friends or alone reading something or watching TV or seeing birds and things in nature that are spectacular for me in a given time.

3. lindalou1963 profile image59
    lindalou1963posted 11 years ago

I laugh all the time! My daughter makes fun of me because I laugh at my own jokes. But you can't go without laughing... I just can't imagine being a grump all the time.

Am happy for you lindalou1963, spontaneous laughing lightens our day. Thanks for sharing.

4. Larf-A-Lot profile image61
    Larf-A-Lotposted 11 years ago

Oh yes yes yes I agreeeeee hehehehe that's why my name's larf-a-lot!

Hehe, obviously.

5. MichaelJohnMele profile image59
    MichaelJohnMeleposted 11 years ago

Yes I do...just look at my hubs. I love to laugh, and to help others laugh too...what a great feeling. I can be serious when need be, but if I have a choice I'm joking around and laughing at every little thing.

I know the feeling, laughing  a lot helps strengthen any relationship, serious or passing. Keep it up er... hehe...more.

2. MichaelJohnMele profile image59
      MichaelJohnMeleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Go on with your badself freak-a-leak. I love it.

3. Jynzly profile image63

Hehe..hehe...exactly

4. MichaelJohnMele profile image59

You rock...such a great attitude and a wonderful sense of humor.

5. Jynzly profile image63

Hahahahahahaha...am actually laughing... it makes my day to laugh, I don't question why...any way am alone, nobody sees me and nobody would say am crazy...hehe.

6. MichaelJohnMele profile image59

Who cares if people think you're crazy...have at it girl...don't hold back. I'm laughing like a crazed hyena as I type this...of course the woman on the elevator with me doesn't think it's too funny...but oh well.

7. Jynzly profile image63

Hehehehehehe....hahahahahhahah....

6. Globetrekkermel profile image64
    Globetrekkermelposted 11 years ago

Absolutely.......LAUGH NOT LOVE makes the world go round.... laugh(not apple)  everyday keeps the doctor away,LOL! Laugh is the antidote of a boring civilization,LOL
    One can never underestimate the benefits of laughing.

Wow! That's new to me;  well-said, I can't help but agree. Laughter is the sweetest and most uplifting feeling.

7. Emmyboy profile image80
    Emmyboyposted 11 years ago

No. I don't laugh all the time. Sometimes, you may tend to find out that there are not enough reasons to laugh most especially when one is concerned with the problems that seem to bedevil us in this life and also the glaring pains and difficulties that people pass through everyday just to survive.

But that being said, I still try a lot to look out for humor everywhere and I make the effort to find one or two reasons to smile all the time.

That is why I am smiling at you in this my profile picture...

That is a good comment. To each his own hence I ask; it's good to hear  opposing ideas. Some people laugh a lot, just like me and some don't but we are all children of this Universe. Be happy and have a merry heart, try it and see the difference.

8. Miller2232 profile image61
    Miller2232posted 11 years ago

Laughter is indeed the best medicine. You got to laugh at yourself sometimes because if you don't, you'll end up taking yourself too serious.

Exactly, and there are a lot of serious things within ourselves that are oftentimes confusing, so better laugh them off with friends and love ones or with something else and let the merry heart carry us through...its magic.

2. lupine profile image67
      lupineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself...what can you do? Better to laugh than cry, right?

9. Bruce A. Beaudet profile image74
    Bruce A. Beaudetposted 11 years ago

Of course it is the best medicine.  Have you ever seen a sick hyena?

I have not seen even a healthy one but I think I can laugh when I see one.

10. Nellieanna profile image67
    Nellieannaposted 11 years ago

I laugh a lot - which is weird because I live alone.  When something occurs to me that's funny I just burst out laughing all by myself.  (Of course I laugh in company, too).  Laughing is fun  & makes prettier wrinkles than frowning.   My parents laughed a lot and loved humor.  As Mother said, "Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Cry and you cry alone."  - not claiming it as original but a good take on it all.  Dad would read something funny, laugh out loud, saying, "This is rich!" -  & he'd call for Mother to come share it.  Nice.
    Good question, jynzly!

That's a very sensible thought about laughter, reminds me of my Dad's funny stories too. "Pretty wrinkles" yes that did me, I absolutely agree with that. My husband often comments on my laughter wrinkles on my nose, he says it's pretty. hehe...

2. catgypsy profile image73
      catgypsyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nellieanna, I LOVE your "makes prettier wrinkles than frowning" remark! So true, but I never thought of that!

11. iiimusicfreak27 profile image61
    iiimusicfreak27posted 11 years ago

Laughter is the best! Makes the saddest day a little better c:

You're perfectly right iiimusic...hehe, even your username makes me smile.

12. anatomynotes profile image93
    anatomynotesposted 11 years ago

I do agree. I do like to find a reason to laugh everyday. Even faking a laugh has the same positive effect on the body as a real laugh. That is why some people do 'laughter yoga'.

Laughter helps reduce stress hormones. When you are constantly in stressful situations, your immune system may become sluggish. Laughing is one way of boosting your immune system.

I wrote a hub a few days ago on ways to boost the immune system. Laughter was one of them.

Wow! Faking laughter is one of the games I start  with my twins grandchildren. Whenever we meet or call our greeting is a fake laughter and that triggers real and resounding series of laughter. Happiness is contagious and laughter is the best vehicle

I have heard of laughter yoga here too. I do believe it helps in all the ways you mentioned. I know I feel better when I laugh. Do it for health!

13. TToombs08 profile image78
    TToombs08posted 11 years ago

Indeed! I try to find the humor in almost every situation. And I prefer to write humor...I love to share a smile and a laugh. big_smile

That's a perfect attitude. Sharing smile and laughter is actually like planting good seeds that would yield products to live happily for the rest of our existence.

14. ZAS profile image60
    ZASposted 11 years ago

It takes a pretty good joke to get me to laugh out loud, and if I don’t think it is funny, I’m not willing to do the fake laugh (so that I can be the brunt of everyone  else’s jokes, because surely I would not be good at it). I am very particular about what I find humorous. That being said, I find humor all over the place! And I laugh my head off often, so there’s no excuse for anyone not to do the same, it is out there everywhere waiting or your enjoyment.

That's a very honest statement. I laugh spontaneously so when I see others laughing without me knowing what they are laughing at then I would still laugh, not for their reasons but for seeing them happy.

15. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 11 years ago

I do laugh a lot and joke a lot too. If ever I feel down, I watch some comedy or funny recordings. Laughter releases a very good hormone in us. (I can't remember the name. lol,) but it truly does. :-)

Two hormones beta-endorphins and HGH-human growth hormone help prevent cancer by increasing the strength of the immunity system and reduce stress  hormones, according to study. These benefits of laughing go with a balanced social and financial life.

16. cjpooja26 profile image61
    cjpooja26posted 11 years ago

Yes it is the best medicine I love to laugh and make people around me laugh. If you laugh you will feel better and relaxed.

You are perfectly right. Science and research proved it.

I agree, you will have more friends around you because they want to feel better too. It's no fun being around a grumpy person.

17. Neinahpets profile image80
    Neinahpetsposted 11 years ago

I think if we didn't find the fun in life there would be a lot of over-stressed people in the world who eventually snap.  ...more than there are already, I mean.  Hah.

Take this' quote for example (one of my favorites):  “Always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine.” ― George Gordon Byron   
    It is so very true!  If you laugh and keep happy you are less likely to fall sick and let your body tear you down.

I agree with you 100%

I agree too. Best of all, laughing is free and has only positive side effects.

18. catgypsy profile image73
    catgypsyposted 11 years ago

Without laughter and humor in your life, you're sunk! I try to find the humor in things and do laugh a lot. Luckily, the people in my life are the same way, so we help each other see the funny side of bad situations.

Yes. We can consider ourselves lucky if we have people around laughing with us. The benefits we get from laughing cannot be under estimated.

19. Agnes Penn profile image60
    Agnes Pennposted 11 years ago

Honest laughter is so attractive.  A smile and laughter can unburden a troubled heart.  I love to have people's minds relax and rest for a little while with a laugh about my flops, jokes and smiles.

Yes, some people have talents to make others laugh.

20. moonfairy profile image73
    moonfairyposted 11 years ago

Yes, I see the humor in life and I do laugh a lot.....especially at myself!!

That is a very commendable attitude. If only more and more people can see the "fortune" that laughter eventually brings into our lives then there would be less sufferings and broken hearts.

21. lupine profile image67
    lupineposted 11 years ago

Yes, I always try to find the humor in a situation, good or bad. I used to get very upset when something bad happened and found myself in a bad mood and had problems with health...which I didn't like. (depression and stress can kill you). So I decided to find the humor and laugh because things will happen anyway...I would rather laugh than cry! Sometimes I can't stop laughing, I make other people laugh too, it helps put them in a better mood and forget their problems for a little while. Have you heard of laughing yoga? I heard if you laugh, it's like doing yoga, helps keep you healthy.

lupine,
      That's right, sometimes life seems unbearable and our mood fluctuates yet in spite of that, we can still choose to laugh if we want to.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)