jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How do you feel about the new reality shows with ministers and gospel artists?

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image59
    ReneeDC1979posted 4 years ago

How do you feel about the new reality shows with ministers and gospel artists?

2. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

The trailer for the one about ministers made me say, "huh?" I'm not sure I will be interested in watching but then I said to myself they are normal everyday people just like the rest of us. But . . .

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image59
      ReneeDC1979posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I saw one preview where he says, "God is all about the bling in heaven." Really?  I agree they are human just like us, but I think this industry will slowly overtake the importance of their ministry. Not sure, but not feeling it yet.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Self-promotion and media-frenzy isn't about serving God.

4. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 4 years ago

Ministers and gospel artists are only human beings just like the rest of us, with jobs to do.
    We worship a Living God whose perfection is so high above ours that we cannot be compared to this high standard.
    So, at best, we can only live our lives, as best as we can, being as ethical and upright as we can.
    Dr. Haddox

5. AOkay12 profile image78
    AOkay12posted 4 years ago

I haven't seen the show, but I have seen the trailer.  I could be wrong in my impression of this show, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I feel that most if not all of the people featured on this show may be "Prosperity Gospel" preachers.  Some of them are in it for the money and are manipulating the congregration for tithes and offerings.  Seems to me that saving people's souls should be a priority over pimping out the congregation for funds. I don't think there is anything wrong with a pastor or preacher living the good, prosperous life.  But at the same time, why should the congregration suffer, when the church has so many resources.

6. bethperry profile image89
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I'm not real keen on most reality shows anyway, and these types I've watched just made me yawn.