jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you like to watch war movies?

1. jainismus profile image70
    jainismusposted 4 years ago

Do you like to watch war movies?

Do you like to watch war movies? If yes, what exactly you like in this type of movies?
    (Image Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons)

2. Ericdierker profile image52
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Combat with Morrow. Mash. And Apocalypse all hurt me deeply.
    I think sometimes I forget the dead men I have seen and need to be reminded.
    Sometimes we have to understand that pain and sorrow are earned not a free deal.
    I want and need the hell of war, up front and in my face. I need the reminder often.
    No I do not like war on film but I need it to help me fight against it.
    I love conflict and fighting, but I love peace much more.

3. Crissylite profile image76
    Crissyliteposted 4 years ago

I actually like most war movies, though I don't like to see the gore. I like the historical content and empathetic feel for the characters.

4. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

My husband has a collection of war movies and they are very detailed and inspiring.  They usually focus on an individual's story and the triumphs and failures they went through, not just through a particular war, but as individuals.  One of my favorite ones that he tricked me into watching was Saving Private Ryan.  There's a few scenes in there that get me really choked up.

5. donnaisabella profile image80
    donnaisabellaposted 4 years ago

I like history, and sometimes it shows us war. I hate bloodshed, but I will watch because I am a product of the historical and I must know what has been before to remind myself of the horrible things we are capable of as human beings.

6. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 4 years ago

Oh yes,  I think they always have a lesson to teach through the storyline, at least the ones I watch.  I love the new release Battle For Los Angeles, but also love the old ones such as Bridge Over River Kwi.