jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think that people love to see a hero fall, more than watching one rise?

1. Lee Lee 513 profile image60
    Lee Lee 513posted 4 years ago

Do you think that people love to see a hero fall, more than watching one rise?

In Spider Man the editor said "if he doesn't want to be famous, we'll make him infamous." Then he said something like "..if there is one thing people love more than seeing a hero rise, it's seeing one fall." Do you agree? and why?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8700359_f260.jpg

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image63
    csmiravite-blogsposted 4 years ago

Nope. I always like to see the hero triumph at the end despite of any obstacles thrown his way. I don't want to see him lose or ---heavens gracious,  die!

3. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I don't; I like having heroes and seeing anyone with a good heart succeed, and even those with not such good hearts, reclaim their personal nobility. So it is hard for me to imagine most people feeling just the opposite.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

From a real-world perspective, a hero falling from grace is good ratings. Look at how much attention Lance Armstrong got after the doping scandal. Not that he is a great example of a hero, but people eat scandal up with a spoon. However, from a fictional perspective, people prefer the good guy to win at the end. Very rarely will a story about a hero that falls become popular in the mainstream. It has happened, but there is a reason Hollywood operates off of a template for their blockbusters; because that hero story hits all the right marks in our brains.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I like to see both. No one is perfect and I think seeing both sides forces people to see that even if they deny try to deny the fact. I think more is learned from seeing how people pick themselves up after they fall than from either extreme.

6. ilikegames profile image78
    ilikegamesposted 4 years ago

I think people love watching a hero fall (only to rise again) because it shows that they are no different to real life people. Everybody is going to have their up and down moments in life.

working