jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best romantic movie of all time?

1. Secretabundance profile image69
    Secretabundanceposted 3 years ago

What is the best romantic movie of all time?

What do you think is the best romantic movie of all time?  For me, I love to watch Jerry Macguire.  I love the phrases "You got me at Hello" and "You complete me" used in this movie too.

2. Emma Lindhagen profile image89
    Emma Lindhagenposted 3 years ago

My favorite romance movie is "Love, Actually". The reason I like it is because I think it's quite different from most other "rom-com" type flicks. I like how it's mostly just a collection of stories about different kinds of love and the choices people make because of them, and not about some romanticized ideal. I find a lot of the characters and relationships (with a few exceptions) in it more relatable than in a lot of other movies and I like that all the love-stories end differently, too. Overall I've never seen another romantic movie I found as touching.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I believe the answer varies with whatever phase in life the viewer is experiencing. Some of my favorites over the years have been "An Officer and A Gentleman", (I still love the final scene in the factory when Richard Gere shows up), "Something's Gotta Give" (Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton in Paris), "The Notebook", "The Proposal" (Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds), "Titanic" and "The Holiday" (Cameron Diaz and Jude Law).
    However (today) my vote would have to go to "Love Actually".
    It covers love in all it's forms from childhood crushes, to sustaining a marriage, dating, friendship, family, father & son bonding, and finding new love after being hurt.

4. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 3 years ago

Shakespeare in Love.  It's the story (even if it is fictional) that inspired the most famous love story of all time--Romeo and Juliet.  And the acting and script is great.  See it, if you haven't already.

5. Soumya Mukherjee profile image72
    Soumya Mukherjeeposted 3 years ago

My favorite is "Before Sunrise" and "An Walk to Remember". The connection between the two people in "Before Sunrise" is just amazing. Can love really happen if there's no connection!

6. Kara Skinner profile image88
    Kara Skinnerposted 3 years ago

This is a hard one, because I can think of a lot that I've loved, like "Penelope", and "10 Things I Hate About You". Although my answer will probably be different in a month, right now I think I would have to go with "You've Got Mail".

7. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

An Affair to Remember  would have to be my favorite.

working