jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Which drama series do you think deserves to win the Emmy?

1. Genna East profile image89
    Genna Eastposted 3 years ago

Which drama series do you think deserves to win the Emmy?

I should preface this by stating that I watch very little television.  The few series that I have watched in recent years are:  "Breaking Bad, Mad Men," and my beloved "Downton Abbey."  Each are nominated this year for tomorrow's award ceremony; each are at opposite ends of the creative spectrum yet are brilliantly crafted and produced.  I honestly wouldn't know which series to choose.  What is your choice?  Thank you for answering. :-)

2. dillon102 profile image64
    dillon102posted 3 years ago

I like the series Tyrant thats an awesome show!
    I dont watch any of those you named, sorry!

Genna Eastposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dillon.  I haven't heard of Tyrant, but will watch one of the episodes.  Thank you for your answer. :-)

3. PegCole17 profile image97
    PegCole17posted 3 years ago

I'm not sure if they fall into the category of drama, but I like Vikings, The Last Ship, Falling Skies, Dr. Who, Bar Rescue, Kitchen Nightmares. Oh boy, I watch too much TV.

Hi Peg.  Thank you for that answer.  I've seen a couple of episodes of Falling Skies...is this Spielberg's series?  It looks interesting.  And you don't watch too much television. :-)  I hope you are enjoying your week.

2. PegCole17 profile image97
      PegCole17posted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's right, Genna. It's Spielberg's creation. Season finale is next Sunday.

4. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 3 years ago

Personally, I like "Nashville". It's full of drama and awesome country music composed and sung by the stars. I have no idea if it's up for an award, but I love the show.

Hi there.  I've never watched Nashville, but I have heard good things about it.  Have a wonderful week. :-)

5. mckbirdbks profile image88
    mckbirdbksposted 3 years ago

I think  I am late but "Breaking Bad, Mad Men," will be tough to beat for drama.

Hi Mike.  Thank you for your answer.  They were tough to beat.  I think Vince Gilligan was surprised that they swept the writing, acting and best drama awards.  Their last season was really quite remarkable.  :-)  I hope you are enjoying your week.

working