jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Have you watched a movie that was better than the book?

1. kerbev profile image68
    kerbevposted 3 years ago

Have you watched a movie that was better than the book?

People always say the book was better than the movie.  But is that always the case?  Are there any movies that were actually better than the book?

2. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

Blade Runner >>>>>> Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

It was a very loose adaptation, though. Amazing movie, didn't care much for the book.

3. tom yam profile image61
    tom yamposted 3 years ago

In my opinion,the book is always better than the film.  So my answer is no.

4. profile image0
    belizaposted 3 years ago

I enjoyed the movie The Help better than the book. I saw the movie first and I think that makes a difference. If I read the book first I tend to like the book better.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Not yet. I've read many books that were then made into movies and I don't think the movies are ever as good.

6. favored profile image35
    favoredposted 3 years ago

Oh yes, many times. One in particular is Christmas Shoes and the sequel.

7. Zaina Star profile image61
    Zaina Starposted 3 years ago

Yes ! there is this movie PS: I LOVE YOU
    it was like a romantic novel.Instead of wasting my time reading some book, i wasted my time watching movie. big_smile

1. kerbev profile image68
      kerbevposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We'll, if you didn't read the book, you can't actually say you liked it better.  You only have half the information.

8. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I think Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was better as a movie than a book. I wouldn't say that about any other book in the HP series, but that was my least favorite entry, but they made the movie version a lot more entertaining. I would also say that the first Twilight was better as a movie than a book, but I'm a terrible judge because I didn't like the book or the movie. I just thought the movie was slightly less bad.