jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What quotes from TV, the movies, or a song do you use often in your daily life?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image88
    Billie Kelpinposted 3 years ago

What quotes from TV, the movies, or a song do you use often in your daily life?

I found myself, yesterday, reciting a quote from the old "Mad About You" episode where Paul tells Jamie that every task in life "takes four hours".  It's a simple way of saying things always take longer than expected.  I start singing "On the Road Again" everytime my husband and I take a trip, and I use "It's a moral imperative" from "Read Genius" a lot in everyday conversation.  I'm wondering what quotes from the entertainment world have transferred into your daily life on a regular basis?

2. kerbev profile image67
    kerbevposted 3 years ago

Sadly, I say "Dude, where's my car?" every time I leave the mall.
    I expect whoever I'm with to respond "Where's your car, dude?"

Billie Kelpinposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Cute!  very cute!  Now I think you've passed that on to me smile !

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I can't think of anything, but I'm sure I use quotes without even realizing it. They become such a part of our daily language, most of us probably don't notice until someone else points it out to us.

true, true.  If you think of any Sheila, let me know.  I'm going to make a list (I think) when the 92 other things I want to do are done smile Cheers!

4. BWD316 profile image86
    BWD316posted 3 years ago

One of my favorites quotes from my television is:

"IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT'S BEING SAID, CHANGE THE CONVERSATION." - Don Draper (Mad Men)

It's even the cover photo to my Twitter account! I interpret it as taking charge of the conversation and making sure you are heard, however there's probably other interpretations as well!

My comment yesterday, didn't show up, so I'll try again.  I had said "that's a great quote and I'm going to try doing that in real life!"  Thanks BWD! I love that it's on your cover photo at Twitter.

2. BWD316 profile image86
      BWD316posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you liked it! And of course, being a Mad Men fan; I have to recommend watching the show! It's excellent and the final season is next spring!

working