jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Do you listen to completely different music for different moods?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

Do you listen to completely different music for different moods?

For example I listen to alternative and rap when happy, rock when sad, country when homesick, and classic rock when intoxicated. Do you listen to opposite types of music for moods?

2. Amanda Howdeshell profile image73
    Amanda Howdeshellposted 3 years ago

So much so that my boss calls my taste in music "eclectic"!

I listen to alternative most of the time, 90's pop music when I'm feeling nostalgic, trance music when I'm feeling adventurous, and heavy metal when I'm annoyed.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Oh yeah, I listen to everything from Classical to hard rock and my MP3 player is a world of confusion to most who look at it.  I've always been that way and people have found my music tastes to be diverse to say the least.  I can listen to several genres of music in the same hour.  I love classic and hard rock when I need to be driven while doing more physical tasks.  I listen to meditative music when doing yoga, and anything up tempo when hiking/running.  I tend to listen to a lot of classical and instrumental stuff when working at my desk and when I am designing or doing artsy stuff what I'm designing will kind of influence what I turn on as well.

1. Robert the Bruce profile image60
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Christin, you and I seem to choose music in the same way. I usually buy individual songs on iTunes and so my iPhone music library is a mishmash of genres and artists.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i listen to korean ost dramas most of the time. When i am sad i listen to instrumental songs

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

At home, my mood usually doesn't affect the type of music I listen to. At work is a different story. If it's a nice, easy day at work I listen to the oldies station. If I'm stressed out, I listen to the station that plays more along the lines harder rock.

6. danicole profile image79
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

Yes! When I'm happy I can listen to anything (especially pop, hip hop/rap, alternative, dance-hall/African/kompa, k pop, j pop, etc.) when I am sad alternative rock mostly, sometimes angry/dark music, instrumentals. When I am homesick or traveling jazz, classical, dance-hall/kompa, 90s music and country. When I am in a neutral mood or I need to concentrate without being distracted I listen to classical music, jazz (jazz fusion is good), instrumentals (like monks chanting, nuns singing) etc. It depends, but most of the time I don't listen to opposite types of music for moods. i go with the flow!!! smile

7. Jen Beckers profile image77
    Jen Beckersposted 3 years ago

I think I listen to just about every genre of music there is. I listen to them at different times but I don't feel myself going to one specific genre when I'm happy versus sad. It's more like "okay country isn't doing it for me today, let's try some hip-hop!"

8. sulcatamandy profile image89
    sulcatamandyposted 3 years ago

I listen to many different genres. Seriously, the only thing I don't care for is screaming stuff or Insane Clown Posse. I will listen to techno when I am brainstorming. Country when I just want to get lost in thought, classical if I am researching, dance music when I play with my hula hoops. I love putting my Pandora on random and letting it shuffle through all my stations. I do that when I am working around the house and gardening. Sometimes I think I have Musical ADD because I never stick to the same thing. Music is such a great release. My life soundtrack is pretty rad.

working